Rubbish

Tricky1884

We ended 2013 on such a high, but no real investment was made by the club. We have managed to remain 3rd but our performances in 2013 have been mid table standard. Do people not pay attention to the table and fixtures? Our next two games are against play off contenders. If we loose them we are in the mix for battle to remain in the play off's. Wigan have really put the cat among the pigeons. Anyone who thinks it is not a problem, simply does not get it. The team cracked under the pressure. What chance do they stand in the play off's with that kind of pressure. 

I want us to show those two other play off contenders what we are made of and destroy them. Come the play off's if they are both in them, they will fear us. 

Two words:

January

Davies

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm loving the new Bris!!

I wouldn't say I'm new, just really consistent with my view...

I'll back the manager 100% if he tries to win the game (not draw) and even if we lose, I can totally understand that in the long run it'll work out...

I don't think our team is top two standard, in fact our squad is probably borderline top 6 standard... But what seperates us from the likes of Forest is when we're drawing 2-2 away at Watfod with 7 or 8 mins left, we throw on more strikers and go for the win..

There is absolutely no other reason to explain why a Billy Davies and Mick McCarthy  side currently lead the division with away draws...

When Stevie Mac took over we went on that great run, playing without fear home and away, suddenly we found oursens balls deep in automatic promotion.....panic! jeez wtf we doing up here.....bit like a geeky youth shagging the fittest bird, punching above our weight.......it got serious, Steve started to worry about feckin up auto rather than breaking into the play offs and ended up resorting to safety. Simmo has said as much after the Yeovil & Brum games.

Patrick Bamford is a decent player and i believe he will have a future at the top level, maybe he'll be a Fernando Torres type though and only flourish in a team playing a certain way, his superb match winning goals coincided with the team not playing so fluently...........Simon Dawkins is good at this level but has probably shut out Mason Bennett who might of made an impact this season, his cameo performance against Chelsea suggests he was ready to be unleashed against Championship defenders..

Dunno, got to trust Steve, Simmo and Eric now and hope that between them they have the knowledge and experience and common sense to realise that us sheepshaggers won't stick their heads on a spike in the market place if we fail to go up this season.

You drag your posts out you do. Paid by the word?

Keep it brief like what I do.

The team wanted investment but it's the same con by the owners. Loan players are not the investment for a Premier League push.

Mike Hotter

Ex season ticket holder

Belper Road, West Hallam

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Loan-signings-right-investment-Rams/story-20800524-detail/story.html#ixzz2vpJm0Nk4

Back to the original subject.

The strategy of loaning players only - and not investing - will lead to problems eventually.

We don't need silly money investing but we do need regular sensible investment in our own players.

By next season we will need quite a few.

I expect that when we do spend, the money will come from the sale of a certain star player.......unfortunately.

Shopping list....

1-2 right backs

1 left back ?

Young centre back

Under study for eustace

Replacement for hughes

Centre forward

Second striker?

A huge influx of players rarely works.

Better to add 1 or 2 to the squad during every window and never get to the stage where you need 7 or 8 players and a Jewell style influx?

Back to the original subject.

The strategy of loaning players only - and not investing - will lead to problems eventually.

We don't need silly money investing but we do need regular sensible investment in our own players.

Better to add 1 or 2 to the squad during every window and never get to the stage where you need 7 or 8 players and a Jewell style influx?

Yup - look at the Leicester model - been building slowly for a couple of seasons with quite a few loan players coming in to stengthen the squad and improve things. Then each window they've replaced them with permanents.

Now they're walking this league with only one loan player (Miguel) and he's not even playing regularly. So they'll go up and not have to worry about replacing all the loan players that got them promoted. They can just concentrate on replacing all their crap permanent players that won't ever cut it in the Prem.

Archived