Paul Simpson x

Alph

He's the man. Well, he's Buxton's apprentice when it comes to being The Man. It's near enough though.

For anyone who is too tight to get RamsPlayer he basically says that after Yeovil and Brum we looked to tighten up as 5 goals shipped to these two wasn't good enough. Since then we've tried to tighten up and it's cost us a bit too much. We'll be looking to open up a bit more.

Is that not EXACTLY what we want to hear?

I know clubs always try to tell you what you want to hear but not always on the football side of things. Management teams are usually pretty quick to praise any run of victories but these moaning buggers in charge of our team are sort of saying they might have gone a bit too much disciplined. Expect Wisdom to cross the halfway line and Bryson goal hanging again asap!

Anyway, feel free to give Simmo some love. His interviews are great even without a phone sex voice like Dyche.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bollo

x

He's the man. Well, he's Buxton's apprentice when it comes to being The Man. It's near enough though.

For anyone who is too tight to get RamsPlayer he basically says that after Yeovil and Brum we looked to tighten up as 5 goals shipped to these two wasn't good enough. Since then we've tried to tighten up and it's cost us a bit too much. We'll be looking to open up a bit more.

I know clubs always try to tell you what you want to hear but not always on the football side of things. Management teams are usually pretty quick to praise any run of victories but these moaning buggers in charge of our team are sort of saying they might have gone a bit too much disciplined. Expect Wisdom to cross the halfway line and Bryson goal hanging again asap!

Anyway, feel free to give Simmo some love. His interviews are great even without a phone sex voice like Dyche.

I've no idea who Paul Simpson is, but this quote about Dyche made my day. Thanks.

I think out of the new coaching team and general revamp of the club, Simpson has impressed me the most.  Listening to him talk it becomes very apparent that he knows what he's on about, and he doesn't tend to simply talk in the general way that most managers or coaches do ("I can't fault the effort" etc) - he often talks in quite technical terms, and I think it's quite rare for coaches to do that.

Take what he said just there: many coaches would have talked about "individual errors" or "players not carrying out the game plan", but his candour in admitting that we have tightened up, and maybe we've lost something as a result, is quite refreshing.  I always listen to interviews with him with keen interest.

Also, kudos to you Alpha - he's basically admitted everything you called after the Millwall game!

I think out of the new coaching team and general revamp of the club, Simpson has impressed me the most.  Listening to him talk it becomes very apparent that he knows what he's on about, and he doesn't tend to simply talk in the general way that most managers or coaches do ("I can't fault the effort" etc) - he often talks in quite technical terms, and I think it's quite rare for coaches to do that.

Take what he said just there: many coaches would have talked about "individual errors" or "players not carrying out the game plan", but his candour in admitting that we have tightened up, and maybe we've lost something as a result, is quite refreshing.  I always listen to interviews with him with keen interest.

Also, kudos to you Alpha - he's basically admitted everything you called after the Millwall game!

A bit fishy though don't you think? Same analysis as the perma-shorted one and then a thread on here bigging him up

Has anyone ever  seen Alpha and Simmo in the room? Thought not!....just saying

A bit fishy though don't you think? Same analysis as the perma-shorted one and then a thread on here bigging him up

Has anyone ever  seen Alpha and Simmo in the room? Thought not!....just saying

Hmmmm....They are my two favourites...a constant fight in my head as who I love more. Them being one would make my life a lot easier.

I think out of the new coaching team and general revamp of the club, Simpson has impressed me the most. Listening to him talk it becomes very apparent that he knows what he's on about, and he doesn't tend to simply talk in the general way that most managers or coaches do ("I can't fault the effort" etc) - he often talks in quite technical terms, and I think it's quite rare for coaches to do that.

Take what he said just there: many coaches would have talked about "individual errors" or "players not carrying out the game plan", but his candour in admitting that we have tightened up, and maybe we've lost something as a result, is quite refreshing. I always listen to interviews with him with keen interest.

Yeah! You nailed what makes his interviews worth looking forward to.

I've not really heard him talk about the effort and commitment. Which is nice because those things are minimal expectations.

Archived