First openly gay Premier League footballer.

Boss

So it was just a bullshit rumour of a story made up by some twit on sausageter, like I suggested it would be?

Ah, the old man's still got it.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do people assume there are many gay footballers in the Premier League?

How many gay people do you know? How many of them like football? How many of them play football? How many of them are so good at football they make a living out of it?

I wouldn't be surprised if there are zero gay footballers currently in the PL.

It's not so easy as saying 'there has to be because one in ten or whatever are gay'

Clearly doesn't work like that, especially one in six people in the world are Chinese but I don't see many playing PL football.

How many gay people do you know? How many of them like football? How many of them play football? How many of them are so good at football they make a living out of it?

It's not so easy as saying 'there has to be because one in ten or whatever are gay'

Clearly doesn't work like that, especially one in six people in the world are Chinese but I don't see many playing PL football.

Completely agree - although at one time there were 6 people living at our house, so I suppose one of those must have been Chinese.

There was my mum, my dad, me, sister Christine and brothers Dave and Bik Li Chang.

I bet it was Dave.

Completely agree - although at one time there were 6 people living at our house, so I suppose one of those must have been Chinese.

There was my mum, my dad, me, sister Christine and brothers Dave and Bik Li Chang.

I bet it was Dave.

The old ones are the best!

I wonder how accurate the 'one in ten people are gay' stat is too? From people I've ever known, the openly gay percent is much lower than that. So assuming the 10 percent is true, I imagine it must include loads of people who will only admit to it through a anonymous survey. Hardly a surprise that loads of footballers aren't coming out as gay when non-footballing gays don't come out either.

Similar to what you say too Bris, gay men I have known have rarely been into football whereas gay women I've known have often been sporty/into football.

I imagine it must be tough been a sport loving, non-camp gay man who doesn't listen to 14 year old girl's pop music, as that is the stereotype usually presented to us in the media/tv. It's an improvement on killing gay people who won us the war, but there is some way to go yet. Gay footballer witch-hunts via the vile tabloids is probably not progress.

Latest census put the figure at about 3%. Still with let's say an average of 25 players per team, that's 3% of 500 people, or 15 people. You can bring that down if you believe that gay people are less likely to be footballers, for some reason, let's say down to 10%. So 1.5 people.

Premier league began what, 1992? 22 years, with 1.5 people per year - 33 people. Stats say they were there - sorry if that makes anyone uncomfortable. And they shared the same showers, FDSHPDs.

/albert

Latest census put the figure at about 3%. Still with let's say an average of 25 players per team, that's 3% of 500 people, or 15 people. You can bring that down if you believe that gay people are less likely to be footballers, for some reason, let's say down to 10%. So 1.5 people. Premier league began what, 1992? 22 years, with 1.5 people per year - 33 people. Stats say they were there - sorry if that makes anyone uncomfortable. And they shared the same showers, FDSHPDs./albert

I've shared a shower with Justin Fashanu back in the 80s after a 5-a-side at Notts County.....Never felt intimidated. Perfectly decent chap.

I've shared a shower with Justin Fashanu back in the 80s after a 5-a-side at Notts County.....Never felt intimidated. Perfectly decent chap.

I'm confused...openly gay people can share your shower without raping you?

He must at least have said that he should have been England captain?

I'm confused...openly gay people can share your shower without raping you?

He must at least have said that he should have been England captain?

Well as a gay black person, he should at least be prime minister.

Did you see him on a leagu if their own? He's presenting the Nigerian version if deal or no deal now. Random.

Archived