well done ref

B4ev6is

Have to say I was thoroughly unimpressed with Martin today. He would have got himself sent off eventually.

He crossed the line too many times. Fair enough he didn't deserve a booking for that "dive", but his reputation is beginning to proceed him and he only has himself to blame for being in a position where he was already treading a fine line half an hour into such an important match.

He knows how to play these sort of games, and he should know that in his situation, the home players and fans will make it very easy for the ref to bring out that second yellow. Very poor.

A few teams have been on the receiving end of Martin's dirty tricks and it's worked out rather well for us. There will be a number of fans at other clubs who will have absolutely no sympathy for us today. These things do even themselves out - and now we're even.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See what you're saying Vulcan. There's plenty we didn't do today. But we did score to make it 1-1 and we should have had the chance to play Burnley with 11 men. McClaren often seems to find tactical advantages from the first half so it would have been a good game.

We got denied that. Can't be too harsh on the players.

Agree entirely Alpha, and I didn't meant to be harsh on the players or manager, more so on some posters on here who seem to think we only needed to to turn up to little old Burnley and three points were ours, and that they are somehow lucky to be second and unbeaten at home all season. Just thought a little credit was due to them regardless of all the other stuff.

I don't get all this school boy rage directed at martin.

I watched the stream.

Martin was physical.

He was engaged in a good old fashioned battle with shackell who is another tough nut.

We need players who can stand up to physical intimidation and give as good as they get.

As for the peno.

These incidents happen all the time all over the pitch.

We can debate for ever whether it was / wasn't a foul or a dive.

Just play on.....in which case we scored 2 seconds later.

Silly decision as the ref couldn't be certain either way.

Just watched football league show. 

:o WOW

1. He slipped

2. He slipped

3. He slipped

4. There was a tiny bit of contact

5. Martin didn't appeal for the penalty until after Hendrick had scored, therefore he was not looking for a foul or simulating.

6. The ref didn't book Bamford's dive later on

7. FLS didn't show Heaton handling the ball out of the box

8. He slipped

It was like going back in time at burnley yesterday, Neanderthal fans, run down antiquated ground (without any redeeming charm).

Made me laugh in the back of the stands they had 24" CRT tellies perched on top of a wall, people were actually taking photos of them on the way out.

As for Burnley, their hoofball, crying to the ref every time anyone comes near them tactics will get hammered in the Prem, so I'm not too fussed about yesterday, when we go up we'll be far better equipped, we played far better football than them even playing 10 v 12.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aizCMO-mI1Q

It's just a jump to the left.......

B4ev6is, Yellow Belt Yank Chop

First of all thank you Rams for the six points this season. I have to say that Derby played some excellent football with some excellent players.

Don't shout off or blame the ref, when simply Martin tried to cheat and obtain a penalty. He tried to be over physical and it didn't work, if he hadn't have got booked for the dive he wouldn't have lasted much longer. Oh by the way, how the hell you could have seen that it was hand ball from Heaton from the other end of the ground, it simply proves how numb you actually are. Having said that I don't think you would have scored if you had all eleven players on the pitch.

Go and have a lie down in a dark room for an hour and calm down, I strongly feel that you will be up this season, I like Derby and they play some great football.

I wasn't at the other end of the ground, watching on a stream, it was clear that it was handled outside the area, confirmed by replays shown.

The ref was abysmal, Martin did not cheat, there was clear contact with his foot inside the area.

Also, had we had 11 men on the pitch, we did score, it was disallowed for the incorrect decision of sending Martin off.

Managers, players, fans can all have bad days, match officials can also have bad days.

How many soft free kicks and penalties has Martin won us over the season? Can't have it go our way every game.

I blame Sage anyway.

I don't get all this school boy rage directed at martin.

I watched the stream.

Martin was physical.

He was engaged in a good old fashioned battle with shackell who is another tough nut.

We need players who can stand up to physical intimidation and give as good as they get.

As for the peno.

These incidents happen all the time all over the pitch.

We can debate for ever whether it was / wasn't a foul or a dive.

Just play on.....in which case we scored 2 seconds later.

Silly decision as the ref couldn't be certain either way.

agreed until last sentence Ramnut. He was certain because he gave what he gave. Whether he was right or wrong. He was certain. Otherwise agree with everything.

Managers, players, fans can all have bad days, match officials can also have bad days.

How many soft free kicks and penalties has Martin won us over the season? Can't have it go our way every game.

I blame Sage anyway.

We won't have a penalty then but can we have the goal or our player who didn't appeal? Either would do.

Rumours in today's papers saying Sage could be on his way out.

Even if it was a dive, how can he give a free kick against Martin?

Is throwing yourself on the floor considered violent conduct nowadays?

If there was deemed to be no contact on Martin then there was no foul and the goal should have stood.

I was amazed at the decision, I was actually fuming because I thought he'd given the penalty and not allowed advantage for the goal.

Even if it was a dive, how can he give a free kick against Martin?

Is throwing yourself on the floor considered violent conduct nowadays?

If there was deemed to be no contact on Martin then there was no foul and the goal should have stood.

I was amazed at the decision, I was actually fuming because I thought he'd given the penalty and not allowed advantage for the goal.

Simulation is misconduct. Play can be stopped for misconduct if the n offenders get an advantage and play restarted with an indirect free kick

Personally, i think he dived.

he gained no advantage and the ball broke to us and we scored.

I think the goal have stood.

I think martin could have had a verbal warning, after having already been booked for fck all.

even if the ref wants to book him and send him off, i still think that the goal should stand.

But since we let in a second soft goal from a corner, its all a bit academic.

Now I've calmed down a bit ill put my point across.

Still a poor decision from the ref - cost us points on Saturday. Martin didn't dive, you can clearly see his foot was at an angle and he slipped. Goal should have stood.

But hey-Ho.

We have had a few lucky sprinkles go for us this season. On to Millwall now, lets spank em.

I think we could still make the second spot.

Who the f*** are Burnley?

Up the Rams.

Archived