well done ref

B4ev6is

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason I say most refs are poor is that there is frequently one contentious decision in a match which can virtually decide the final outcome.

Look at Saturday  - the sending off right or wrong had a huge bearing on the result. Burnley were unable to win fair and square while Derby can claim it might have cost them a point or even three.

The reason I say most refs are poor is that there is frequently one contentious decision in a match which can virtually decide the final outcome.

Look at Saturday  - the sending off right or wrong had a huge bearing on the result. Burnley were unable to win fair and square while Derby can claim it might have cost them a point or even three.

And if Millwall get any points against us (without one of our most influential players), then their relegation rivals can feel pretty annoyed too.

Look at Saturday - the sending off right or wrong had a huge bearing on the result. Burnley were unable to win fair and square while Derby can claim it might have cost them a point or even three.

Ok, so if a striker misses a sitter it's not his fault they win the game? That's the same logic you're applying. Whoever blames refs (ie managers) do so to hide there own mistakes and it's easy to do so.

• 7 months later...

I've watched that penalty umpteen times.

In a split second the ball bounces up and may brush eustace's arm.

The direction of the ball is unaffected.

There is no way Eustace had any time to move.

There was no advantage to Derby.

Espinoza still got his shot in.

He's one of these refs that likes to have an impact on the game and be noticed.

You wouldn't want him reffing a cup final.

Archived