well done ref

B4ev6is

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Six Points - not being funny chap but your goalie and the handling outside the area is not even up for debate - it was that blatant. No idea what the normal sanctions are for that but a free kick and a yellow card at least would be a good starting point.

Heard Burnley fans arguing about their peno at the end - if it wasn't so immaterial at that stage beyond goal difference it would be laughable. Let there be some context, the ball hit the back of the net approx 3 seconds after our forward either appeared to slip or be fouled, this would've (or could've in the case of pulling back for a peno) made the game 1-1 with 11 vs 11. Instead we faced being 1-0 down at HT with 10 men against a good side with a formidable home record. IMO and most Derby fans the decision pretty much ended what could've been a great contest. My fear for the second half was how many you would knock us for in putting the 10 men to the sword. It didn't happen - actually disappointing to see you win the second half despite being passed off the park by the 10 men.

B4ev6is, Yellow Belt Yank Chop

First of all thank you Rams for the six points this season. I have to say that Derby played some excellent football with some excellent players.

Don't shout off or blame the ref, when simply Martin tried to cheat and obtain a penalty. He tried to be over physical and it didn't work, if he hadn't have got booked for the dive he wouldn't have lasted much longer. Oh by the way, how the hell you could have seen that it was hand ball from Heaton from the other end of the ground, it simply proves how numb you actually are. Having said that I don't think you would have scored if you had all eleven players on the pitch.

Go and have a lie down in a dark room for an hour and calm down, I strongly feel that you will be up this season, I like Derby and they play some great football.

you'll need plenty of lie down next season when you eclipse our 11 pts record. Take the claret glasses off. 

you'll need plenty of lie down next season when you eclipse our 11 pts record. Take the claret glasses off. 

It was a good contest first half with nothing much in it, second half you dominated proceedings and should have pulled it out the bag.

Your fans were vocal and I am glad Sammon didn't play first half, very strong with holding the ball and good movement & support.

I personally thought Derby were good all round with a solid defence, control and strength in midfield. 

Suprised you didn't have anyone who could move down either wing as a threat to open us up more.

Martin and you have to be honest is a strong player in mind, spirit and very vocal and this showed within the first 30minutes of the game.There is nothing wrong with his attitude or demeanour, just his acrobatics and diving when he should be focused on playing the ball and not the man.... 

You'll take us to the wire on this 2nd spot, but not with Martin up front, your players around him didn't believe in him...Good Luck ...

The prospect of Burnley in the Premier League is like trying to imagine a dog wandering around on its two bag legs whilst smoking a cigar - belongs in a circus. Completely devalues the top flight when you have p1sspot clubs like Burnley anywhere near it.

It was a good contest first half with nothing much in it, second half you dominated proceedings and should have pulled it out the bag.

Your fans were vocal and I am glad Sammon didn't play first half, very strong with holding the ball and good movement & support.

I personally thought Derby were good all round with a solid defence, control and strength in midfield. 

Suprised you didn't have anyone who could move down either wing as a threat to open us up more.

Martin and you have to be honest is a strong player in mind, spirit and very vocal and this showed within the first 30minutes of the game.There is nothing wrong with his attitude or demeanour, just his acrobatics and diving when he should be focused on playing the ball and not the man.... 

You'll take us to the wire on this 2nd spot, but not with Martin up front, your players around him didn't believe in him...Good Luck ...

Fair enough view of things I think, though I'm not sure what you mean in saying our players don't believe in Martin.

We had to go narrow in the second half really following the sending off or we'd have been overrun in the middle. It meant only our fullbacks provided any real width and they were understandably somewhat reluctant to get forward. Would've been interesting to see if we'd have picked up our game second half without the sending off cause we certainly didn't do enough before your first goal (great goal by the way) and it's possible the red card got us going a little bit. Thought your second was a bit fortunate in the end but we're asking for trouble letting that corner roll all the way across to the penalty spot in the first place.

Won't return the wishes of good luck I'm afraid, hope Blackburn give you a stuffing next week but just can't see it :(

Fair enough view of things I think, though I'm not sure what you mean in saying our players don't believe in Martin.

We had to go narrow in the second half really following the sending off or we'd have been overrun in the middle. It meant only our fullbacks provided any real width and they were understandably somewhat reluctant to get forward. Would've been interesting to see if we'd have picked up our game second half without the sending off cause we certainly didn't do enough before your first goal (great goal by the way) and it's possible the red card got us going a little bit. Thought your second was a bit fortunate in the end but we're asking for trouble letting that corner roll all the way across to the penalty spot in the first place.

Won't return the wishes of good luck I'm afraid, hope Blackburn give you a stuffing next week but just can't see it :(

I thought Blackburn gave us a tougher game at Ewood Park in Jan (11v11) than Burnley did today (10v12)

Sorry, but for all this bleating no one has mentioned the woeful defending that handed them their second goal on a plate, or the fact that despite having a lot of possession second half barely caused their keeper to make a save of note - the one being when he nearly spilled it over his line. That had less to do with having a player less on the pitch and more to do with Burnley being solid and well organised, as they have been all season.

Yes the ref ****** it up big time, but I think Burnley are due some credit. For all we did do and didn't they still beat us 2-0.

Just trying to bring a bit of common sense to this.

We played better today than our last 3 matches. Our goal should have stood. Why did the ref blow? If no foul had been commited and someone goes down but the ref thinks it wasn't a foul then play goes on. The ref lost it at that point. He'll probably ref my lads under 12 match next week.

Sorry, but for all this bleating no one has mentioned the woeful defending that handed them their second goal on a plate, or the fact that despite having a lot of possession second half barely caused their keeper to make a save of note - the one being when he nearly spilled it over his line. That had less to do with having a player less on the pitch and more to do with Burnley being solid and well organised, as they have been all season.

Yes the ref ****** it up big time, but I think Burnley are due some credit. For all we did do and didn't they still beat us 2-0.

Just trying to bring a bit of common sense to this.

Only seen the goals live no replays...

Thought Grant was easily lobbed almost on his line for 1st?

2nd to be fair seemed to pinball around the box and fall neatly to Marney, who couldnt miss. 

Swings and Roundabouts

Might be controversial to some and people are raging after today, maybe rightly so.

However we got 3 points last week vs Bournemouth after being given a free kick that shouldn't have been a free kick, you win some you lose some, the ref had to give it how he saw it. Just so happened he got it wrong. 

See what you're saying Vulcan. There's plenty we didn't do today. But we did score to make it 1-1 and we should have had the chance to play Burnley with 11 men. McClaren often seems to find tactical advantages from the first half so it would have been a good game.

We got denied that. Can't be too harsh on the players.

Archived