Mac's record

PistoldPete2

Now Rams manager for 22 games (not inc Ipswich).

Won 15, lost 3 , drawn 4 ,points 49 from 22 games or 2.227 points per game.

Over  a 46 game season thats equivalent of 102 points.

Ok that will come down I guess after we play Burnley but that is some record so far over half a season.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now Rams manager for 22 games (not inc Ipswich).

Won 15, lost 3 , drawn 4 ,points 49 from 22 games or 2.227 points per game.

Over  a 46 game season thats equivalent of 102 points.

Ok that will come down I guess after we play Burnley but that is some record so far over half a season.

102?  You're cheating. Surely counted games where weather was fine and opponents were out of form too.

Great record. You can only beat what is in front of you, and he is doing that.

One thing that I think excites me most, is the fact we have played woefully in certain games, and come away with 3 points.

I can't remember us doing that for a very very very long time. Not since Billy was in charge.

One thing that I think excites me most, is the fact we have played woefully in certain games, and come away with 3 points.

I can't remember us doing that for a very very very long time. Not since Billy was in charge.

You can only beat whats in front of you? The point of the thread is that after 22 games you have played nearly everyone in the League at least once. Except Burnley. 

The good news this time is that we have someone who might be interested in keeping us in the Premiership if we go up.

Not just about McClaren either. Steele and Simpson are very impressive. Between them you get the impression that the attention to detail is crazy.

They don't waste time making changes either. Changes that work. They just see what needs to be done and do it.

You seen their interviews?

Steele is a been there and done that. He's got like a champions mentality. Just a no nonsense winner. One of those people who you want to please.

McClaren obviously has a well trained media face but when you see him in his technical area or his reaction to certain questions you start to see a bloke who again knows what winning football is. Clearly has a set way of doing things that despite the media mockery he's going to stick to.

Simpson, the guy is like a sponge. Or at least that's how it seems to me? I remember him being by McClaren's side at the appointment and grinning like a teenager who's had his first good night in. Seems a deep thinker, eager to learn, wants videos, pro zone analasys, more videos, more stats, scouting.

Between them it seems nothing sneaks under the radar. We should thank Ferguson I suppose because something of him seems to have rubbed off on two of them. They just seem like winners.

Simpson... I bet his days as a manager aren't over. He just looks too dedicated to not want a shot at it again one day imo.

It's a good management team.

Obviously Steele came with high reputation and expectations but I have to say i'm surprised just how much of a difference he has made to Grant. Schteve has had a tough time of it but also came with very high reputation. Both have been there done that and clearly want to win. I loved Simo as a player and don't remember him being that bad a manager before so to get him now as a coach is great, totally agree that he seems to be a sponge. always looking to learn and progress. All three seem very positive guys and don't hide from mistakes and failure. Great combination and all the better for us that they have connections with the club.

Their record stands for itself. long may it continue!

I am glad this has finally been posted. Why is it so difficult for some to simply say McClaren, Simmo and Steele are doing a brilliant job. I have complete confidence in them. We had two games where we conceded a few goals, they say not good enough. Next 3 matches are 1-0 wins.

We have a realistic chance of finishing 2nd. If he keeps this up, McClaren is on course to easily be our best manager(head coach) since Jim Smith.

I am glad this has finally been posted. Why is it so difficult for some to simply say McClaren, Simmo and Steele are doing a brilliant job. I have complete confidence in them. We had two games where we conceded a few goals, they say not good enough. Next 3 matches are 1-0 wins.

We have a realistic chance of finishing 2nd. If he keeps this up, McClaren is on course to easily be our best manager(head coach) since Jim Smith.

Finally! Totally agree 100%

Archived