Following on from DET article: Pick your side.

Ambitious

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant

Wisdom   Keogh    Buxton   Forsyth

Hughes      Bryson

Russell                                      Dawkins

Bamford    Martin

Subs: Lego, Hendrick, Sammon, Ward, Eustace, Thorne, Whitbread, Bennett

TAKE NO PRISONERS, LEAVE NONE ALIVE

This is what I would play if form was out of the equation, Bamford's run of goals will end and I think Russell will edge him out.

Grant

Wisdom Keogh Bucko Forsyth

Thorne

Bryson      Hughes

Russell Martin Dawkins

It's also a massive boost that our team doesn't pick itself anymore.

Maybe for tougher games especially away we could go with

Grant

Eutace      Thorne

Bryson                                  

Bamford   Martin  Russell

Wonder how that would work?

Maybe for tougher games especially away we could go with

Grant

Eutace      Thorne

Bryson                                  

Bamford   Martin  Russell

Wonder how that would work?

I had a conversation in the pub with a mate of mine about that idea - essentially rotating the midfield triangle to play with two holding players and leave one at the tip. Think either Hughes or Bryson could do a job just behind the front 3 and it would add more steel to the DM area when we need it (e.g: to see out a game when we're in the lead)

Seems a simple idea, but I think it's one worth trying and would cause minimal disruption.

grant

wisdom keogh buxton forsyth 

thorne 

bryson         hughes 

russell                                 dawkins 

bamford 

I've noticed some really big calls regarding some of the teams - opens your eyes to other people's way of thinking.

For instance dropping Martin, after 16 odd goals and 7/8 assists, a few dropping Buxton and even some dropping Hughes to accommodate Eustace in the team.

Just makes me think 'bloody hell, glad McClaren's in charge' :lol: only kiddin' kids.. :ph34r:

Tried and tested, will be changes in the summer but it has stood well so far.

4-3-3

Grant

Wisdom

Keogh

Buxton

Forsyth

Eustace (Thorne will play soon as Eustace will have a two game ban for next yellow, may keep place)

Bryson

Hughes

Bamford

Martin

Dawkins

Subs

Legz

Whitbread

Hendrick

Thorne/Eustace

Russell

Ward

Sammon

Bench has cover in most places.

Bennett unlucky to miss out.

The rest don't have much of a future apart from Roos, think Sammon will be gone in the summer too.

Hughes doesn't need a rest. If he needed a rest, he won't need one now because he won't have played for 9 days. Also, Mac would just give him a few days off of training if he badly needed a rest.

He's also been good the past two games, I think coming off the bench v Blackburn motivated him.

I think we've got enough options now that we ought to be clever enough to change formation as the situation dictates.

Steve Mac seems to just make like for like changes with just a bit of tactical tweaking. What he did at Ipswich was revolutionary, but then he's mostly stuck with that formation.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. But now we have the option to stick Thorne and Eustace on to shut up shop (away from home, two goals up, seems a good opportunity to do that). Or put two centre forwards on (Bamford and Martin) if we're going for the jugular at home.

Or maybe I'm missing something, maybe we do do this already and I've not noticed.

Archived