Following on from DET article: Pick your side.

Ambitious

As it currently stands, who is your favoured XI? With a lot of options, it's a good debate. 

Mine stands at: 

Grant

Wisdom
Keogh
Buxton
Forsyth 

Thorne - purely on his form at Watford

Hughes
Bryson

Bamford
Dawkins

Martin

The tough one is the three upfront - Bamford, Dawkins, Ward and Russell are all very good Championship players. Martin is indisputable.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Grant

Wisdom / Keogh / Buxton / Forsyth

Thorne (bit of an unknown quantity, but I think Eustace definitely needs a rest)

Hughes / Bryson

Russell / Martin / Dawkins

Painful to leave Bamford out, but I think Russell offers more down the flank in terms of work rate and build-up play. I think Bamford would do better down the middle, where he has to fight it out with Martin.

Dawkins and Ward can both be erratic in their performances, so they'd probably get 45 mins each.

Grant

Wisdom          Buxton             Keogh           Forsyth

Thorne (give him a go)

Ward             Hughes             Bryson         Russell

Bamford

As it currently stands, who is your favoured XI? With a lot of options, it's a good debate. 

Mine stands at: 

Grant

Wisdom

Keogh

Buxton

Forsyth 

Thorne - purely on his form at Watford

Hughes

Bryson

Bamford

Dawkins

Martin

The tough one is the three upfront - Bamford, Dawkins, Ward and Russell are all very good Championship players. Martin is indisputable.

No options at the back though where we are extremely weak. I think Mac may regret not giving Keane a decent run, he will prove to be a better defender than any we have, even playing him in one of the full-back positions, or even shifting Keogh to right-back, how that has turned out he surely may wish he acted in a different way.

A stronger back four and Eustace wouldn't be needed and Hendrick could come in, a firing Hendrick would make us a better team. Ward should always play, Dawkins has done well for us, so those two wide. Bamford I can understand fans wanting in , Russell not so, lacks that surge of pace to get away from most defenders at this level.

I think we should be able to pick 2 teams as for me i would choose a different starting 11 to play Charlton, than i would to play fester, but as we can only pick one.... atm it would be

Grant

Wisdom Keogh Buxton Forsyth

Thorne 

Bryson   Hughes  Dawkins

Bamford  Martin

subs ; lego, whitbread, eustace, hendrick , ward, russell, sammon.

How can Thorne be in everyone's team before we have actually seen him play for us? Keane had more pedigree yet many didn't rate him

Just by his stats at Watford for me - they point him towards being one of the best in his position in the league, falling only behind Drinkwater and Barton.

But we shall see.

With Hughes needing a rest for a few weeks I wouldn't mind seeing:

Grant

Wisdom

Keogh

Buxton

Forsyth

Thorne

Russell

Bryson

Ward

Martin

Bamford

In a 4-1-3-2 formation. Could be interesting and allows Hughes to get a rest and for the mean time Bryson and Hendrick could interchange as well as Dawkins with Russell and Ward with Sammon as competition for up front

How can Thorne be in everyone's team before we have actually seen him play for us? Keane had more pedigree yet many didn't rate him

Have to agree. Especially as I was one who thought Keane was pants

Grant

Wisdom

Keogh

Buxton

Forsyth

Eustace

Hughes

Bryson

And the bit where the only real differences are

Russell

Martin