Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

sage

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad we showed that kind of performance in a way, far away from our usual game - mixed it up to play against a notoriously ugly side. Which they were.

Their game plan was very transparent and unless your defenders are on point, you tend to concede at least one or two - which we didn't.

A few hiccups for me, for instance I don't think we've ever made so many miss-placed passes this season, which frustrated me.

But there was one incident that really touched a nerve with me, about 70 minutes in when QPR had a string of corners, I think it was Kranjcar stood bold as brass on the front post with absolutely no-one near him, and it nearly cost us a goal. I was fuming, a dip in concentration like that could of hurt us.

Eustace, despite the goal - I was a bit annoyed, he made some very poor decisions at times - made it easy for them to get space on the edge of the box I thought.

Ward was making some poor decisions, Russell's desire when he came on was phenomenal.

I'm happy, showed another side to our game today that if we showed earlier in the season we'd be much, much better off.

'Ere, stop stealing my thoughts and get out of my head. I was gonna make everyone of those point.

Barton's been in Twitter saying the best team lost and whinging about the officials.

The same officials who should have shown you at least a yellow for all your niggly little fouls, Joey?

I used to be unsure whether he was really a knob or whether he was just a bit of a pantomime villain, but I think it's safe to say he's a truly odious little runt.

I like him. :ph34r:

Barton should have been sent off. There were several yellow card worthy challenges. Two elbows.

Also Dunne commuted a bad foul on Forsyth that was a yellow but you do often (wrongly imo) see red given. Plus a blatant penalty.

Barton did his very best to bully us. I don't have a problem with that. No problem at all. All you ask is that the referee calls it fairly. He didn't. Barton should have gone.

The best team lost? We created far better openings than them. Far better. Plus we didn't resort to rugby tackles

He's an attention seeker. Never has a chant been more suitable.

'Houdini' was moaning too. No strikers still. You bought Kevin Doyle. Lol. He's never struck anything. W@nk team of mercenaries. 'Arry has spent hundreds of millions and won pretty much fook all. He can't even win this division with the most OTT squad the division has seen.

Ha ha.

What a brilliant 3 points.

Sod the performance, the battling and the defending was brilliant.

I'm not one for jumping on bandwagons but Barton shouldn't be allowed to play the game, how many stray elbows and follow throughs does one player get away with.

Brilliant win in a massive game.

I'm propably only one who enjoyed the game. Proper old fashioned, tough tackling, man to man fight. It was playoff-game and looked like it.

They tried to bully and I can see why. This time we we're up to a fight though. Great win and of course games like these need weird goalscoring hero.

And about Barton: He played just like ref allowed him. Nothing wrong with that. Just using his experience. Of course he is tvat and cnut of highest order, but so what? Someone has to be most disgusting footballer.

What did he say?

To summarise

Our goal was a foul

The second half was one way traffic

They lost 18 players in the summer

They basically picked up lads that were out of favour at their clubs and threw them together.

Only 8 teams have bounced back up.

It's been a complete rebuild.

They're having to play Dunne who was out the game for a year

Clubs like Derby and Brighton get 27-30k attendance. QPR just aren't a club of that size.

Bet the interview will pop up somewhere.

Have your violin ready. The guy has more cheek than money.

And about Barton: He played just like ref allowed him. Nothing wrong with that. Just using his experience. Of course he is tvat and cnut of highest order, but so what? Someone has to be most disgusting footballer.

"He's a dirty yob, but someone's gotta do it"..........sing up.

Faith No More - We Care A Lot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jvl2wDcKDE

Keep The Faith..........and ermmmm Faith No More, is Joey loosing his faith at QPR? or could he do with a good wash like this lot need, Faith No More, what a crock of sh!te.

great quote in that sky interview last night from Redknapp as to QPR poor goalscoring record: "We've bought players in who haven't played much and who haven't scored goals."

tip to Harry from the book of good football scouting and management: bring in players who have played and have scored goals.

To summarise

Our goal was a foul

The second half was one way traffic

They lost 18 players in the summer

They basically picked up lads that were out of favour at their clubs and threw them together.

Only 8 teams have bounced back up.

It's been a complete rebuild.

They're having to play Dunne who was out the game for a year

Clubs like Derby and Brighton get 27-30k attendance. QPR just aren't a club of that size.

Bet the interview will pop up somewhere.

Have your violin ready. The guy has more cheek than money.

What a charlatan that man is.

What a brilliant 3 points.

Sod the performance, the battling and the defending was brilliant.

I'm not one for jumping on bandwagons but Barton shouldn't be allowed to play the game, how many stray elbows and follow throughs does one player get away with.

Brilliant win in a massive game.

All true. Its a cliche , but true its a big win .

What impressed me is that even though the midfield was below par, the defenders dug in. Previous games its been the forwards who have got the defence out of a hole. It seems we have players who can step up to the plate, sign of a good squad. Even John Eustace scored a goal!

Archived