Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

sage

Chris Martin was brilliant last night. He's really pushed himself forward as our main man. He gave as much he took last night and I thought  both the physical and the wind up side of his game was brilliant. His awareness and strength for our goal was brilliant as well.

I think he really stood up for himself and his mates and set the tone for the way we battled.

Barton came thinking he was going to bully us again, Martin, Ward and Bryson were all brilliant  they got under his skin so much he tried to take all 3 of their heads off with his elbow, the nasty cheating little *****.

Hard or not, to elbow someone is to behave like a coward. It must make him feel like a real hardman to try to break the nose of an 18 year old boy in a game of football.

That's what I loved about last night, we were up for the physical side more than they were. Collectively we were brilliant.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Forsyth played really well, that cross would have been a cracker if it hadn't been deflected.

He reminds me of Woody from Toy Story.  :)

I thought Forsyth played really well, that cross would have been a cracker if it hadn't been deflected.

He reminds me of Woody from Toy Story.  :)

Is that one of Keiran Lee's characters Mrs. R? :o

Chris Martin was brilliant last night. He's really pushed himself forward as our main man. He gave as much he took last night and I thought both the physical and the wind up side of his game was brilliant. His awareness and strength for our goal was brilliant as well.

I think he really stood up for himself and his mates and set the tone for the way we battled.

Barton came thinking he was going to bully us again, Martin, Ward and Bryson were all brilliant they got under his skin so much he tried to take all 3 of their heads off with his elbow, the nasty cheating little *****.

Hard or not, to elbow someone is to behave like a coward. It must make him feel like a real hardman to try to break the nose of an 18 year old boy in a game of football.

That's what I loved about last night, we were up for the physical side more than they were. Collectively we were brilliant.

I have to agree in that I thought Martin was immense, yet someone sitting a couple of rows back from us was constantly calling him and went mad when he wasn't taken off when sammon was brought on.

Amazing how opinions differ so much..

Could watch the martin/Barton clip all night. Was great seeing martin chipping away at him and getting under his skin in the first half. Didn't see it so much in the second.

Said to Mrs dc on the way home, someone like stimac or savage would have got Barton sent off last night...

I have to agree in that I thought Martin was immense, yet someone sitting a couple of rows back from us was constantly calling him and went mad when he wasn't taken off when sammon was brought on.

They're wrong though. He was brilliant.

Some people think pace is essential to a footballer. They like to see lads charging around and "running their socks off". "Putting in a shift".

Bet they loved Theo.

They're wrong though. He was brilliant.

Some people think pace is essential to a footballer. They like to see lads charging around and "running their socks off". "Putting in a shift".

Bet they loved Theo.

To be fair, Bryson gets an 8+ rating every week from some posters on here for this, despite not actually doing much.

To be fair, Bryson gets an 8+ rating every week from some posters on here for this, despite not actually doing much.

Exactly. Although he is quite a good player. Had some very good performances. Some great ones.

But it's amazing how running around can gloss over a poor performance. People like people who run a lot.

Every team needs them. But I think we've had enough of them. Chris Martin just wants the ball played into him. Is that so much to ask? Might aswell send a dog out if you just want running.

"Hurry up and do nothing". People love it.

Exactly. Although he is quite a good player. Had some very good performances. Some great ones.

But it's amazing how running around can gloss over a poor performance. People like people who run a lot.

Every team needs them. But I think we've had enough of them. Chris Martin just wants the ball played into him. Is that so much to ask? Might aswell send a dog out if you just want running.

"Hurry up and do nothing". People love it.

Could not agree any more. A couple of times this season, I've come away from a game thinking Bryson didn't do much, came on here and people are giving him 8/9s and justifying it by saying things like "covered every blade of grass", etc.

I understand the benefits and advantages of doing so but I'd rather have someone like Martin who directly influences games with the majority of his efforts/time than someone who runs around like a headless chicken.

Could not agree any more. A couple of times this season, I've come away from a game thinking Bryson didn't do much, came on here and people are giving him 8/9s and justifying it by saying things like "covered every blade of grass", etc.

I understand the benefits and advantages of doing so but I'd rather have someone like Martin who directly influences games with the majority of his efforts/time than someone who runs around like a headless chicken.

Fair point you make about Bryso but this season he's added goals and assists to his game. Much more than just a willing runner these days.

I also think his off the ball running allows other players to focus on their on the ball time.

Yeh fair enough,

I thought he was the only one trying to make things happen for them though, he was all over the place. Whether that's a good thing or not I don't know but I thought he was trying to rally the troops. You're right though, they were a team of detached individuals, we were a unit from start to finish.

I definently agree he was the one trying to make things happen for them, but he isn't good enough to do everything by himself. I thought Bryson and Hughes played him well in fairness. I don't wanna slight too much Harry Redknapp because I think he's always said good things about derby, but you think with the money at his disposal that he could make a team that was not so reliant in two players, who are both currently injured.

Some people have never played the game i guess. 

I think Bryson has had 3/4 poor games this season, a few mediocre ones but usually.. let's say 70% of the time, he is absolutely key.

He is a very unique player though, try and think of a player he resembles - it's near on impossible.

Closest I can think of is Leon Osman, even then - there is differences. 

Bryson seems to have changed though don't you think?

He was a box to box midfielder. Now with his partnership with Martin he leans more towards an attacking player. Spends a lot of time in and around and beyond Martin but not so much time in and around Eustace. Seems less of an all rounder now. He's better for it imo.

Used to think him and Hendrick were jack of all trade master of none players. Neither attack minded or defensive minded enough. Too happy to float about the centre circle. Bryson used to chase shadows and Hendrick stood watching on too many occasions.

Bryson certainly seems to have committed to getting forward at the expense of defensive duties. Much more promising player.

Helps that he can trust the striker to not shin it out of play.

Archived