Derby County v Queens Park Rangers

sage

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought Forsyth played really well, that cross would have been a cracker if it hadn't been deflected.

He reminds me of Woody from Toy Story.  :)

For all the discussion on Barton's antics, I think it has to be mentioned that none of our players took a blind bit of notice. We did not rise to it, we did not react. We kept our cool, and ultimately, his end goal was never reached.

For all the discussion on Barton's antics, I think it has to be mentioned that none of our players took a blind bit of notice. We did not rise to it, we did not react. We kept our cool, and ultimately, his end goal was never reached.

Barton and Bryson had a very long discussion at one point (and I don't think it was entirely friendly). Martin was also getting right under his skin as well.

I noticed during one of the early melees after a rough tackle, Martin and Barton were having a go at each other and it was Ward who was trying to calm things down. You know there's some fiery individuals out there when Jamie Ward is the peace maker!

We gave as good as we got and never rose to the bait. Barton and chums only succeeded in winding themselves up.

I was impressed by our set pieces for the first time in a while. I'd have thought Hill and Dunne would have dominated there but we looked very dangerous. Bucko and Keogh should both have scored, some great chances.

The only time I was worried was that string of corners from their right wing in second half. Rest of the time we were pretty comfortable.

Qpr looked liked a bunch of mercanries who won't really care if they go up or not. Burnley might be our biggest threat for automatic. Or maybe Forest.

In other news, since the halfway point, we've played 5 of the top half and two of the bottom half.

Or another way of looking at is that we've got to play 5 of the top 11 and 11 of the bottom 13.

Barton and Bryson had a very long discussion at one point (and I don't think it was entirely friendly). Martin was also getting right under his skin as well.

I noticed during one of the early melees after a rough tackle, Martin and Barton were having a go at each other and it was Ward who was trying to calm things down. You know there's some fiery individuals out there when Jamie Ward is the peace maker!

We gave as good as we got and never rose to the bait. Barton and chums only succeeded in winding themselves up.

And getting the crowd even more involved. Which wasn't exactly wise.

I was impressed by our set pieces for the first time in a while. I'd have thought Hill and Dunne would have dominated there but we looked very dangerous. Bucko and Keogh should both have scored, some great chances.

The only time I was worried was that string of corners from their right wing in second half. Rest of the time we were pretty comfortable.

Qpr looked liked a bunch of mercanries who won't really care if they go up or not. Burnley might be our biggest threat for automatic. Or maybe Forest.

In other news, since the halfway point, we've played 5 of the top half and two of the bottom half.

Or another way of looking at is that we've got to play 5 of the top 11 and 11 of the bottom 13.

Totally agree regarding set prices. Especially the two central Bryson ones in the second half, very inventive.

Think we only wasted a couple all night. Used to be nearly every single one.

Totally agree regarding set prices. Especially the two central Bryson ones in the second half, very inventive.

Think we only wasted a couple all night. Used to be nearly every single one.

Yeah, I mentioned it during the game. Will Hughes in particular looked like he'd been practicing.

Yeah, I mentioned it during the game. Will Hughes in particular looked like he'd been practicing.

Yeah agreed. Looked dangerous every time. Looked like we were going to get head on everything

It was his intention to get somebody sent off. He might have been using his experience or whatever anyone would want to call it, I call it being a grade A ****** meself.

I love that clothes line from Martin. And the fact that he goes to ground quite easily has been demonstrated to be vital to break up play and take pressure off the defense sometimes.

If Forest, for example, had a similar player, would we be calling them a cheating *******?

I'm not so sure. Is it just because he's ours, or does he do it with a kind of loveable honesty that separates him from a Suarez or a Young? Perhaps more like a Drogba, that means even the opposition can't really hate him for his gamesmanship. 

Or is it just because I'm glad he's playing for us, and not against us?

only saw it on telly, but great result. several key points-

our weakness- still down the left side. any fast right wingers and we struggle- they looked better second half with hoylett but tbf forsyth held out.

I'm happy to say that I was there and your telly gave you the wrong picture about the left side, where Forsyth was excellent against Hoilett, who is no mug. Keogh and Buxton were great too and Wisdom makes 4. Eustace and Martin..it goes on.

PS - If anyone really and truly thinks that Buxton isn't good enough, they should go for a very long lie down :) .

I'm happy to say that I was there and your telly gave you the wrong picture about the left side, where Forsyth was excellent against Hoilett, who is no mug. Keogh and Buxton were great too and Wisdom makes 4. Eustace and Martin..it goes on.

PS - If anyone really and truly thinks that Buxton isn't good enough, they should go for a very long lie down :) .

Bucko's got a fan club over on LTLF ,one poster said he'd take Bucko over Hobbs .And I always thought they knew naff all about football.

Archived