George Thorne

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

that's how some may see it, but some of your fans on twitter are definitely taking it seriously

5 Derby fans have tweeted it. One is 12.

In fact, for every Derby fan that's tweeted it another 2 West Brom fans have done the same.

Disagree all you like. The apostrophe was correct.

It's perfectly acceptable to rearrange the syntax of a phrase in order to make a pun.

Eg the adult entertainment version of Steven Speilberg's WWII epic - Shaving Ryan's Privates. There's no apostrophe in the original title.

Bloody Nora.

Capitalisation and omission of TWO periods in just two letters - the standard abbreviation for 'exempli gratia' can - nay, MUST - only be 'e.g.'

This thread has gone to the dog's.

(run's)

So let's get back to arguing about club size by pretending a WBA fan's comment was deadly serious

Absolutely. GT clearly wants to be the big fish in a little pond.

This is where you start to show your lack of perspective.

It's not about the size of the pond, but the amount of water in it.

You having a few seasons in the Premier League doesn't make your pond bigger than ours. It just means that you've got more water to splash around in whilst ours has suffered somewhat of a drought in recent years.

Our ponds are probably around the same size, we may even edge it, but that means nothing if we can't fill it.

Ok, read on and saw the reasons. Bit cactus of me not to have done so before asking the question.

Impressed by Ambitious' early call on his ability!

it's about time someone on here appreciated me. 

:)

Also, I agree the apostrophe should have been there. Now, I don't know if we're signing George Thorne or Graham Thorne! 

Is there more Thornes in this game? How many brothers does he have? 

Bloody Nora.

Capitalisation and omission of TWO periods in just two letters - the standard abbreviation for 'exempli gratia' can - nay, MUST - only be 'e.g.'

This thread has gone to the dog's.

(run's)

The apostrophe's gone completely mad. Thank you for the Latin though in Vestibulum spinarum. Love Latin (no, not a mick...hope that is not offensive...an ex, incomplete law student)...

Though I may like Latin more if we land this Argentinian and if he's any good.

The apostrophe better suits the title grammatically, but without the apostrophe it better suits the pun on Game Of Thrones.

So it depends, what do we want out of the thread title. The pun or the grammar?

Don't answer that, I know which one you'll choose. I vote no apostrophe.

The apostrophe better suits the title grammatically, but without the apostrophe it better suits the pun on Game Of Thrones.

So it depends, what do we want out of the thread title. The pun or the grammar?

Don't answer that, I know which one you'll choose. I vote no apostrophe.

Archived