Richard Keogh the difference?

ChaddesdenRam

I struggled to find one where it was about the person completely taking it out of context, writing war and peace on something completely irrelevant, before finally ending on a nice sarcastic statement.

Try substantiating your opinions with facts every now and again. You'll be surprised how that works.

For instance, where you blamed Buxton for the defeat at Leicester and I pointed out the four incidents which led directly to the goals. Conjecture v facts.

Irrelevant? Hardly.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes I would.

Wisdom and Keogh were MOM yesterday.

Wisdom played a massive part in the 7 in a row. Some quality stuff going forward and i could count on one hand the amount of times he has been outdone for pace when defending. He is also very strong and is captain of his country at youth level. Has excellent technique and ball retention. 

I really cannot see why Wisdom would not be the first name on the team sheet for the rest of the season (sir Jake is a given btw). There is really no other option for right back now Freeman has gone?

Try substantiating your opinions with facts every now and again. You'll be surprised how that works.

For instance, where you blamed Buxton for the defeat at Leicester and I pointed out the four incidents which led directly to the goals. Conjecture v facts.

Irrelevant? Hardly.

Irrelevant because I did not blame him for the defeat whatsoever. You are reading what you want to read.

I stated it was his worst game for us and he wasn't good enough. Which I believe it was his worst game, and everyone could see he wasn't good enough against leicester - a criticism that can be made against other members of the team.

Irrelevant because I did not blame him for the defeat whatsoever. You are reading what you want to read.

I stated it was his worst game for us and he wasn't good enough. Which I believe it was his worst game, and everyone could see he wasn't good enough against leicester - a criticism that can be made against other members of the team.

I can't remember him doing anything glaringly wrong.

I can't remember him doing anything glaringly wrong.

He was just slow to react to absolutely everything. Looked a yard behind, physically and mentally. Luckily, back to how has been yesterday with Keogh back with him.

I don't, I also don't think keogh can, if we went up I think we'd definately need another couple of centre halves but I'd rather have sir Jake on the bench than keogh

Come off it you would replace Keogh with Bucko... We just lost 3 on the bounce without him. Granted against high caliber teams.. We have been lucky in the past with Bucko losing out on pace, twice at Bournemouth, Same happened at the Valley, Bailey covered him at Chelsea.

People have said all through his career at Derby that Bucko wasn't good enough for league football, wasn't good for the championship, wasn't good enough for a mid-table championship team, wasn't good enough for playoff contenders, wasn't good enough for a promotion-chasing side, and now he's not good enough for the Prem.

Do you spot a recurring theme? One perhaps involving writing someone off based entirely upon where he came from and who bought him, then continually moving the goalposts when the player keeps refusing to lie down and fade away? 

It's not a recurring theme for me, maybe for yourself, I do not think he is good enough at Mid table Championship for us. I do not think it has a bearing of where he came from, as I do not see that as a bad or good thing and it is not down to anything as simple as that.

I do not think he is as good as a lot of people make out on here... Yes has scored important goals in important games, Does he make glaring mistakes NO I don't think he has, is he quick enough or able enough (Footballing ability) to keep up and play with top strikers then NO he is not.

Look I like Jake and the type of player he is I just don't think he can take it further anymore. I do think Keogh could cut it in the Prem and I think a CB pairing of Barker (if at the standard he was) and Keogh could cut it with a decent LB and RB in the premier league.

I think the Defence is the main positions within the team which needs looking at.

So why single out Bucko?

I was probably one of Keogh's biggest critics last season and early this season, but if he keeps playing the way he has been and bombing out of defence with the ball like he was against Brighton and Blackpool I'll quickly back down from everything I said.

He's finally leading by example. My biggest criticism was his leadership skills, sometimes he looked a petulant child who wanted to take his ball home and say he's not playing anymore.

Quite the turnaround, he's looked fantastic at times and feel he deserved a MOTM award against Brighton. Grant, Eustace and Keogh were on top form and long may it continue.

I think we look a better side with Keogh AND Bucko at the back. Point is CB is probably the most important partnership on the pitch. Partnership being the operative word here. Keane or anyone else might be a better player individually but that's actually irrelevant because it's a team game.

Those important partnerships are something we've got right most of the season, which is why having Keogh back has made a difference because it reinstates our best CB partnership.

p.s. Bucko could play in the champions league and he wouldn't look out of place...

• 4 weeks later...

Why do they start a quote in the correct manner with quotation marks but fail to finish it in the correct manner, neglecting the quotation marks at the end?

You'd have thought journalists would at least have a working knowledge of English grammar!

Disgruntled from Kirk Hallam.

That's the correct way of doing it, as that's one long quote. It looks wrong, I'll grant you, but its a continuation of the same quote.

Exactly that.

Most will use - 

''blah blah blah forest are toss blah blah blah Andy Reid is fat,'' said the voice of honesty. 

to clarify the speaker and then go on in the fashion Steve does in that article. 

Archived