Richard Keogh the difference?

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't doubt he done OK against Chelsea in what was the biggest game of his career. In the Prem he's playing those teams week in week out.. I have nothing against him as he is now a club legend but do you really think bucko can cut it with prem strikers every week???

I don't, I also don't think keogh can, if we went up I think we'd definately need another couple of centre halves but I'd rather have sir jake on the bench than keogh

Keogh makes Buxton look good, he made it easy for whitbread when he played. If you think bucking can cut it in the Prem (which is where we are trying to get) then your very much mistaken. Anyone with a bit of pace turns him into a very average (out of depth) defender. He heads, he kicks it and puts his head where it hurts and that's it.

People have said all through his career at Derby that Bucko wasn't good enough for league football, wasn't good for the championship, wasn't good enough for a mid-table championship team, wasn't good enough for playoff contenders, wasn't good enough for a promotion-chasing side, and now he's not good enough for the Prem.

Do you spot a recurring theme? One perhaps involving writing someone off based entirely upon where he came from and who bought him, then continually moving the goalposts when the player keeps refusing to lie down and fade away? 

I don't doubt he done OK against Chelsea in what was the biggest game of his career. In the Prem he's playing those teams week in week out.. I have nothing against him as he is now a club legend but do you really think prem strikers can cut it with bucko every week???

typo corrected.

People have said all through his career at Derby that Bucko wasn't good enough for league football, wasn't good for the championship, wasn't good enough for a mid-table championship team, wasn't good enough for playoff contenders, wasn't good enough for a promotion-chasing side, and now he's not good enough for the Prem.

Do you spot a recurring theme? One perhaps involving writing someone off based entirely upon where he came from and who bought him, then continually moving the goalposts when the player keeps refusing to lie down and fade away? 

He wasn't good enough at Leicester. Possibly his worst ever game for us.

No he wasn't. But then neither were any of the players good enough that night and no doubt that had a cumulative effect as the game went on.

I can't see how anyone can reasonably argue that Jake hasn't improved substantially as a player in his time with us and that he is now an established championship player. His job is to head it, kick it and keep it out of the net, along with the rest of our defenders. He does the heading and kicking bits accurately - which he showed yet again on a number of occasions yesterday.

He probably is also better with someone experienced alongside him, someone whose game he knows and vice versa, someone he feels comfortable with - well the same applies to the rest of us in our working lives too.

We don't know whether he can hack it at PL level cos we, and he, are not there yet. The one example we have would suggest that he can. We do know, though, that he has the ability to learn and improve and that he has earned the right to test himself, should we get there anytime soon.

So when an opposition full-back dribbles through our entire midfield and defence virtually unchallenged, plays a one-two to get past Keane and evades Wisdom's challenge, that's Buxton's fault? Or when a defender is eased off a high ball in the penalty area by a striker, the ball rebounds across the edge of the six yard box to Nugent, only for Buxton to get in a challenge to successfully block the shot, but the ball rebounds back on to Nugent and from there into the net, that's Buxton's fault? Or when the winger burst into the penalty area and Forsyth dived in to concede a crazy penalty, that's Buxton's fault? Or perhaps when Hendrick failed to control the ball on his chest, conceded possession cheaply and the perfect pass found Vardy who was able to hold off Keane's challenge, that's Buxton's fault?

Maybe it's because when he did venture forward and got his head onto a chance following a corner, he failed to get it on target so the resultant goal was an own goal? Yes, that must be it. 

Buxton's fault.

So when an opposition full-back dribbles through our entire midfield and defence virtually unchallenged, plays a one-two to get past Keane and evades Wisdom's challenge, that's Buxton's fault? Or when a defender is eased off a high ball in the penalty area by a striker, the ball rebounds across the edge of the six yard box to Nugent, only for Buxton to get in a challenge to successfully block the shot, but the ball rebounds back on to Nugent and from there into the net, that's Buxton's fault? Or when the winger burst into the penalty area and Forsyth dived in to concede a crazy penalty, that's Buxton's fault? Or perhaps when Hendrick failed to control the ball on his chest, conceded possession cheaply and the perfect pass found Vardy who was able to hold off Keane's challenge, that's Buxton's fault?

Maybe it's because when he did venture forward and got his head onto a chance following a corner, he failed to get it on target so the resultant goal was an own goal? Yes, that must be it. 

Buxton's fault.

"WNBxKsX" alt="WNBxKsX">

Did you hear all that ****** on radio derby before the game saying we should play keogh and keane and drop bucko.

After keane just had an abysmal game at leicester?

I like keane but he deserved to be dropped.

The only problem I see with Bucko is his lack of pace. I'd hate to be the one to say he couldn't hack it in the prem. The guy has continuously upped his game to be where the team is at. I know I once said he should only be cover but I was so wrong.

And well played Keogh, not his biggest fan but credit where it is due.

Not as good as

"http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy101/luckyeddie_photo/KeyboardFaceSmash_zps9984319b" alt="KeyboardFaceSmash_zps9984319b">

I can't find one that sums up "The person I have responded to has been proved so utterly wrong that they ought to have their keyboard locked away until they have learned how to internet."

I struggled to find one where it was about the person completely taking it out of context, writing war and peace on something completely irrelevant, before finally ending on a nice sarcastic statement.

You forget why Bucko was brought in by Cloughie. NC wanted to change the character of the dressing room and have all our then multi millionaire mercenaries sit, play and train alongside lads who would play for nowt. You might say the same about Brayford, Moxey et al at the time. Unfortunately over expectant fans started to use the non league Nige tag etc rather than appreciate what he was doing.

I doubt Bucko himself would expect to make the prem but I tell you what he'd give his effing all !

Archived