Richard Keogh the difference?

ChaddesdenRam

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No clean sheets and conceded 9 during his injury.

Was quality today.

He has his doubters but I think he is miles better than Keane and on his day is as good as Shackell and Barker. Just doesn't perform every week like those two do.

But still miles behind his Buckness obviously.

Keogh is better than Buxton. Keane is still young and performed well in the Leicester team that reached the play offs last season. Whitbread is injury prone. I think Keogh plays and Buxton, Keane and Whitbread fight it out for the other place.

My choice would be Keogh and Keane but that's just my opinion.

We have an unbeliever in our midst. Burn him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Has anyone else noticed this? A large amount of Derby fans criticise one of the players and the 2/3 months after that they end up being one of our best players

Martin got criticised a lot when on loan at us last season, now he's one of our key players

Buxton has had a lot of critics and other than the Wigan/Leicester blip he's been class

Keogh got a lot of stick from last season and now we've seen how much we miss him

Forsyth has been criticised a ton as well and now he's improved tons

Hughes'/Ward's turn next ;)

Hold on half of these people were saying bucking was better than Keogh.... I always rated keogh and he was the difference today... Bucko is overrated and has to be at his best to remain in this division... It just shows how much we missed Keogh

"http://i782.photobucket.com/albums/yy101/luckyeddie_photo/b809cfee40_yellow-card1_zps884e1e8c" alt="b809cfee40_yellow-card1_zps884e1e8c">

Keough my Motm today. There in defence time and time again and he wasn't bad going forward either, just wish Will could have finished what he started.

So yeah, credit where it's due.

Buxton is not our best centre back. He is a consistent 7/10 and always gives 100%, but he lacks footballing ability and pace.

Keogh, Barker, Keane and Whitbread are probably all better than Buxton when fit.

Of course this doesn't stop Buxton from being a cult hero who we all love!

Keogh looked like a footballer at times. Usually when their midfield dropped back and gave him 30 yards to run into.

As another poster said, and I said we needed to, we picked when to play from the back and grant went long sometimes. It meant they couldn't press on us as much.

The one Grant made a bad choice and played it short when they were pressing it put Keogh under pressure and he looked like Bambi again.

Keogh makes Buxton look good, he made it easy for whitbread when he played. If you think bucking can cut it in the Prem (which is where we are trying to get) then your very much mistaken. Anyone with a bit of pace turns him into a very average (out of depth) defender. He heads, he kicks it and puts his head where it hurts and that's it.

Archived