Classic quip from Sir Jake

admira

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When you see the players asking to swap shirts, some point to what I guess to be the changing rooms. Why do they do this? Do they have spare shirts they give away, or are they like me, a bit embarrassed to take your top off in public?

When you see the players asking to swap shirts, some point to what I guess to be the changing rooms. Why do they do this? Do they have spare shirts they give away, or are they like me, a bit embarrassed to take your top off in public?

For tv interviews? Can't say I have seen it myself but then again I don't look out for blokes taking their top off.

Did anyone notice the other subtle quip?

Can't remember the exact quote without listening back but it was something around doing things just the same as we've been doing "since the start of the season"

I'm sure it was deliberate as he's said similar before – gently reminding us quite how much we owe to NC

Swapping shirts is worse than the half and half scarfs, maybe acceptable for the final of a domestic and international cup competition but not the 3rd round.

Normally I would agree, but to be fair to Torres, it's understandable that anyone would want the opportunity of owning a shirt once worn by Sir Jake.

Swapping shirts is worse than the half and half scarfs, maybe acceptable for the final of a domestic and international cup competition but not the 3rd round.

To be fair to Sir Jake he did say it was for a young kid he knows who is a red hot Chelsea fan. Although, that could be along the same lines as "can you sign this for my young daughter please? just put it to Richard".

A great quote from the legend that is Bucko on BBC Radio Derby last night:

Reporter: 'I see you've swapped shirts Jake. Whose did you get?'

Bucko: 'Torres. He asked me'.

Utter bulls**t!  Torres didn't ask to swap shirts, Bucko told him he was having it.  He only gave him his shirt in return because he wanted Torres to know what a real man smells like...

Archived