Patrick Bamford - joins on loan from Chelsea until May 2014

Ambitious

Have seen that he's played on the right wing on numerous occasions so perhaps cover for Martin/ward and Dawkins and potential to push for a start? Always a good move if it's going to improve the team. No doubt he will be desperate to prove himself at this level as well after playing so well in the league below.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

would be a great signing, could see this happening and bennett going out on loan somewhere

my only concern is that this is yet another loan signing, with no real chance of a permenant deal come the end of it, i kind of hoped for a couple of players to come in on loan in january from lower prem teams who could give us that real push and could possibly be signed in the summer if we were to secure promotion, i think team spirit and fight is probably the most valuable thing for prem survival

but still would be a great addition

I think getting good loan signings in is a good plan, especially if it gets you promoted. Would our loan signings at the moment be good enough for the prem?. 

If not then not signing them perm is a good move on our behalf as it means less dead wood if we get promoted.

Or it's a way of leveraging Spurs to be reasonable on letting him go, by showing he's not the only iron in the fire...

Wouldn't be surprised if Sammon is moved on - even though he's effective coming off the bench to terrorise a tiring defence - he's very expensive on the wage bill for a plan B...

Surely the more options the better, especially in the final 3rd, it doesn't mean Russell or anyone is leaving but we are now in a promotion push and we need lots of cover and options.

perhaps christmas has been cancelled and JR's off to the blades. :ph34r:

Archived