Patrick Bamford - joins on loan from Chelsea until May 2014

Ambitious

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not being funny - but has anyone actually seen him play?

I'm not doubting his credentials...

He's only ever played for MK Dons (other than 2 games for the gumps & one U21 match), so i doubt many of us have seen him play.

Personal information Full name Patrick James Bamford[1] Date of birth 5 September 1993 (age 20) Place of birth GranthamLincolnshire, England[2] Height 1.89 m (6 ft 2 in)[3] Playing position Forward Club information Current club Milton Keynes Dons

(on loan from Chelsea) Number 15 Youth career 2001–2011 Nottingham Forest Senior career* Years Team Apps (Gls) 2011–2012 Nottingham Forest 2 (0) 2012– Chelsea 0 (0) 2012– → Milton Keynes Dons (loan) 36 (18) National team2010 Republic of Ireland U18 1 (0) 2010–2011 England U18 2 (0) 2012 England U19 2 (1) 2013– England U21 1 (0) * Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 29 December 2013.

† Appearances (Goals).

‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 19 November 2013

It is a shame that we are going to be picking Bamford over Bennett, which is a shame as Bamford won't be here next season as Bennett is but we've got be realistic...

Bamford has scored 15 goals this season, Bennett has scored 1. Remember that Bennett has played many more games at his age then what Bamford did at a similar age, which is a good sign. McClaren obviously doesn't want to sit around waiting in the hope that a few of the academy players will come good, he wants to go and get the players required to do it now.

Bennett is still eligible to play under 18 games, and will probably play the majority of under 21 games, that's enough to keep him progressing for now.

Bennett could well be going out on loan next season to a league 1 or 2 team, and scoring a few goals, but I think it's fair to say for now, Bennett is not ready to be challenging Martin for a starting role, whereas Bamford can, and having more goals in the team can only be a good thing.

Bamford for now. Bennett for the future.

COME ON YOUUUUUUUUU RAMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMSSSSSSSSS!

On loan. On loan.

Will we ever have our own players?

Well, at the minute, we've got 4 (5 if this one goes through).

Wisdom will definitely head back to Liverpool after this season.

Dawkins is almost certainly going to sign permanently this January.

Whitbread might (and probably should) go back to Leicester.

Keane doesn't have a future at United so would be available for a permanent transfer, I think (Leicester were reported as close to getting something sorted last summer).

Chelsea and Mourinho seem high on Bamford but I don't really know much about him.

I don't really have a problem with loans as long as they don't take up the whole team and if a good proportion of them become permanent, which I think at least 2 of them will.

The Championship promotion favorites would be a big step up for the Chelsea youngster, and the move sounds like it's already agreed upon.

The move would likely go over very poorly with fans of his former club, as Derby are one of Nottingham Forest's traditional rivals. That's fine by me though, as Forest have done very little right in my eyes in the way they've utilized Nathaniel Chalobah.

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

"My guess is the Championship. A few teams there are in need of help at centre forward, and Bamford can certainly provide that."[/size]

That definitely isn't us .... we're right greedy ******** :lol:[/size] [/size]

Just think Martin backed up by Bamford ! Going up going up going up.

Archived