Away fans move

davenportram

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with what has been said already here. You can do what you like with moving fans etc but PP has always been plenty noisey enough when the team is winning and competitive

Similarly, you go away from home and it's the same thing every time. Away fans are simply noisier than home fans. It's a main reason to go to away games and it doesn't matter on how the team is doing; it isn't really for home games.

I feel they have been very underhand with the way they have gone about it , it seems to be an almost done deal yet this is the first time I've been asked my opinion , I now have to reply if I object.

Welome to the forum AntB.

I just wanted to point this bit out of your post as it really stuck out for me. If club had done it the other way around asked the fans that sit in the SE corner about moving, and the majority agreed, then started the research about the move and found that it wasn't possible and then had send a letter out saying "sorry but we can't actually do that" then how amateur would the club look? How many fans would be peed off? Also the majority of fans would have to agree, if they don't then it won't happen.

I know what you mean but it just seems the so called vote is a foregone conclusion due to the fact that if you don't/can't vote you're classed as being in favour of a move ,

Quote from the letter from the club

'Following consultation with a number of supporters regarding the match day atmosphere'

Who did they consult ? Certainly not me or any of the other lads who sit around me !!

As I mentioned , people who it doesn't affect seem to think its a great idea

' this project has enabled the club to locate derby fans behind the goal and as a result 2000 fans have relocated their season tickets '

Nothing to do with the fact they made it the cheapest place in the ground to sit ?

Watch them ramp the price up once this is all agreed then see who is still keen !!

I know everyone is entitled to an opinion , that's why we're all on here , it just seems wrong that they think they can create an atmosphere by sitting us all somewhere else , play the football , the atmosphere will sort itself out

I know what you mean but it just seems the so called vote is a foregone conclusion due to the fact that if you don't/can't vote you're classed as being in favour of a move ,

Quote from the letter from the club

'Following consultation with a number of supporters regarding the match day atmosphere'

Who did they consult ? Certainly not me or any of the other lads who sit around me !!

As I mentioned , people who it doesn't affect seem to think its a great idea

' this project has enabled the club to locate derby fans behind the goal and as a result 2000 fans have relocated their season tickets '

Nothing to do with the fact they made it the cheapest place in the ground to sit ?

Watch them ramp the price up once this is all agreed then see who is still keen !!

I know everyone is entitled to an opinion , that's why we're all on here , it just seems wrong that they think they can create an atmosphere by sitting us all somewhere else , play the football , the atmosphere will sort itself out

You make plenty of good points Ant. I'm not directly affected as I sit in the East Stand, but despite what others might think you do become very attached to where you sit - the view, the people around you etc - it's all part of your personal matchday experience. I would be unhappy if I was forced to move not least because there are at least 10 people around me who I enjoy chatting to on the day, and I physically go with five people - would we still be able to sit together? Over the years we've all built up a good camaraderie that's all part of the fun of going.

I'm also in the camp that says that it doesn't matter where fans sit, it's the football that will create the atmosphere. And in a bizarre kind of way, I like being able to see the away fans.

I'm one of those apparently not affected because my seat is not in the SE corner, but actually I am.

In my view the move of more Rams fans behind the goal has had a positive impact on the atmosphere and therefore my enjoyment of the afternoon. I accept that the state of the football on the pitch is a significant driver, but it's not the only one.  I think the atmosphere will become even more enhanced if the away fans are coralled in the SE corner and more 'singers' congregated behind the goal.  There are now people around me joining in more songs and clapping than ever before and that was as true when Nigel was i/c as more recently.

I think the club have, to be fair to them, raised this consistently as a plan over the last couple of years and they have certainly talked about it to fans and I have the impression that it has been raised at the various fan talk ins.  Whether there's a majority view for it is what they are seeking to discover.

They will anticipate that some will not want to move, some will move but want their sacrifice to be recognised (in cheaper/better seats) and some will move happily with a bit of prompting.  They will want to keep the disaffection to a minimum but they do have to keep fans apart.

Every vote - nation or trades union - it seems to me, works on the principle that if you don't vote then you are deemed to agree with the majority of those that do, so if you are being asked (and I'm not) then express a view.

I agree with most of your points , I have voted already , my fear is that many won't !

Personally I do not like sitting behind the goal so I will look elsewhere on the East stand , but my guess is , it will be at a cost !!

AntB, first off, welcome to the forum, hope you stick around for more topics than just this one.

I personally take the view that the noise level in the south stand is related to the engineering of the roof. If you look at the roof around the whole stadium, it leans away on 3 sides, yet behind the goals it bounces the noise back down due to a tilt.

Maybe a more qualified engineer will correct me..

Nothing annoys me more than seeing the boring sit down families in the south stand who are only there for the cheap seats and not for adding to the atmosphere, so prices will need to rise so that those types feck off somewhere else in the ground. Be great to have dinging areas either side of the away fans in the corner.

Nothing annoys me more than seeing the boring sit down families in the south stand who are only there for the cheap seats and not for adding to the atmosphere, so prices will need to rise so that those types feck off somewhere else in the ground. Be great to have dinging areas either side of the away fans in the corner.

Does that include the sit down families that join in with the songs that don't include unnecessary swearing?

Translation:

Memememememememememememe

Archived