Away fans move

davenportram

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think this is a move to enhance the atmosphere per se, just when the atmosphere gets going, it will be louder/more impressive.

We'll always be pumped for Forest. But there's no way you're telling me that 2000 Derby fans singing at each other in the SE corner is a more impressive sight than if we had 4,000 standing behind the South Stand goal.

I don't think this is a move to enhance the atmosphere per se, just when the atmosphere gets going, it will be louder/more impressive.

We'll always be pumped for Forest. But there's no way you're telling me that 2000 Derby fans singing at each other in the SE corner is a more impressive sight than if we had 4,000 standing behind the South Stand goal.

I'm guessing this move ties in closely with the idea of introducing safe standing at some point, much easier i guess doing it behind the goal than in the corner.

If this move goes ahead i'd like to see the club introduce the upper tier as a 16/18 + zone where standing is tolerated, for example like they do behind the goal at Cardiff. The lower tier could then be for families, people that don't like standing, but still want to contribute to the atmosphere.

At the moment i'd have to agree with PMC about their being the wrong 'types', by and large, in the south stand currently. Too many young kids, families etc that have no real contribution to the atmosphere. 

Need to make the tickets the most expensive after the West Stand. Not looked but I doubt the Kop at Anfield is the cheapest ticket going

With respect, surely the way to get the singing isn't to price out young people, lads, who typically tend to make the most noise. 

Surely the answer is to have that area cheap, but also to have an equally cheap family area elsewher.

With respect, surely the way to get the singing isn't to price out young people, lads, who typically tend to make the most noise.

Surely the answer is to have that area cheap, but also to have an equally cheap family area elsewher.

Not crazy prices, but high enough that it's not being used for a cheap ticket.

Should do what Dortmund do as well, you have to wear yellow and black to get in but black and white...more white tho.

Strikes me as it's always families who get slated for moving to SS.

They dont sing, only moved cos it was cheaper....blah blah blah....

We moved cos for a start it was cheaper for us, so what? And we hoped for more singing, a better atmosphere- which there is, so that was an added bonus.

Can't see why people have a problem with folks who moved there tbh.

SS is the best stand in terms of noise imo, well put it this way, it drowns the other stands out. Maybe it's them what should sing louder, after all, they've paid more for their tickets.

Not just families, anyone that's moved simply because it's cheaper....North Stand should be the cheapest by far for families, free for u16's with an adult. If the South Stand gets rocking full of singers the atmosphere would be better all round anyhow. The whole idea will be a waste of time if it's just for cheap tickets, pretty much flipped the North Stand to the opposite end.

Not just families, anyone that's moved simply because it's cheaper....North Stand should be the cheapest by far for families, free for u16's with an adult. If the South Stand gets rocking full of singers the atmosphere would be better all round anyhow. The whole idea will be a waste of time if it's just for cheap tickets, pretty much flipped the North Stand to the opposite end.

I disagree - a lot of families with young uns wouldn't have moved because it would be too loud for the kids.

Yep we moved because its cheaper but also because we like singing and our lad is old enough to want to join in.

We did deliberately get seats at the front of the upper tier so we are not bothered by people standing up infront of us - and us sitting down doesn't stop people standing behind us.

There's room for all sorts in the SS if people are sensible.

Positives:

1. Better view of the game, in particular the goals, from the SS than the corner

2. Should prove a better atmosphere, as many have said there won't be 4,000 people singing among themselves

3. Looks a ton better, support is more visible. We'll always have more numbers than the away fans (?)

4. Team shooting towards their own fans

5. Shuts up away fans; they'll be the ones singing among themselves

6. Easier to get the flag around  :ph34r:

7. Safe standing?

Negatives:

1. "Well I've been sitting here since Pride Park opened who asked me about it this bloody Sam Rush is taking over our club I suppose he'll be changing the name of the stadium next will he..."

The main reason i'm in the north east corner, we're always better attacking the north stand, maybe we'll be twice as good with another stand of rams in the south?!

I'd much rather sit in the North Stand like I did when I was younger, but I do want to be a bit rowdy; something which is banned in the North Stand.

Good idea to have a dress code.

Harrington, Sta-press trews and Doc's?

Levi clip-on braces, grandad vest and pork pie hat and we're talking.

Mmmmmmm, pork pie.

Archived