Away fans move

davenportram

Strikes me as it's always families who get slated for moving to SS.

They dont sing, only moved cos it was cheaper....blah blah blah....

We moved cos for a start it was cheaper for us, so what? And we hoped for more singing, a better atmosphere- which there is, so that was an added bonus.

Can't see why people have a problem with folks who moved there tbh.

SS is the best stand in terms of noise imo, well put it this way, it drowns the other stands out. Maybe it's them what should sing louder, after all, they've paid more for their tickets.

There are some on here who want an exclusive 'club'

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The main reason i'm in the north east corner, we're always better attacking the north stand, maybe we'll be twice as good with another stand of rams in the south?!

I quite like it in the north east corner also. Well except the moaning old fart 2 rows in front. "Speed up derby" 30 secs later "slow it down derby" never bloody happy he isn't (not you is it PD? ;) )

I quite like it in the north east corner also. Well except the moaning old fart 2 rows in front. "Speed up derby" 30 secs later "slow it down derby" never bloody happy he isn't (not you is it PD? ;) )

Haha yeah there are a few like that, one frustrated dad near us sends his young lad for food on about 40 minutes and the poor lad gets it wrong every time, we've started betting on it now.

Nah I'm the one the parents frown at for getting too excited... don't swear though being the family stand and all.

Strikes me as it's always families who get slated for moving to SS.

They dont sing, only moved cos it was cheaper....blah blah blah....

We moved cos for a start it was cheaper for us, so what? And we hoped for more singing, a better atmosphere- which there is, so that was an added bonus.

Can't see why people have a problem with folks who moved there tbh.

SS is the best stand in terms of noise imo, well put it this way, it drowns the other stands out. Maybe it's them what should sing louder, after all, they've paid more for their tickets.

I don't think he really means your family because you encourage atmosphere.

What you don't want is all people moving over, especially with kids, who are there purely for the price and nothing else or it'll end up quiet still.

Its got to be known that its the vocal section. There will be chanting and swearing and probably standing. It's not just cheap seats.

Guarantee a few will come over that just want to cheap tickets, which is fine, but they need to know what the stand is about.

I don't really understand why the price would be much different anyway. It's cheap now because you get moved. If the SS is permanent then I hope the price is average. Affordable for Alvaston scumbags but not cheap enough to encourage benefit scrounging Stoke fans in. I'm not naming names...

Haha yeah there are a few like that, one frustrated dad near us sends his young lad for food on about 40 minutes and the poor lad gets it wrong every time, we've started betting on it now.

Nah I'm the one the parents frown at for getting too excited... don't swear though being the family stand and all.

Hahaha brilliant, poor kid.

Think most of the people I sit near are older chaps, than myself (mid 40s+) so don't have to worry too much about language, not that I swear out loud at the game anyway.

It's a brill view IMO Just a shame about the noise. Saying that it's picking up a bit now! Sort of.

We always sit in the north stand. I think the singing's picked up a bit now we can hear the singers in the south stand. Everyone went on about how wonderful the singers in south east stand were but we could barely hear them!

Now it needs south stand to keep each song going a bit longer - or we've all just caught on and they change to something else!

We always sit in the north stand. I think the singing's picked up a bit now we can hear the singers in the south stand. Everyone went on about how wonderful the singers in south east stand were but we could barely hear them!

Now it needs south stand to keep each song going a bit longer - or we've all just caught on and they change to something else!

Agree with this. Do a few songs really well and sustain them until other parts of the stadium join in. That would work wonders for the atmosphere, then introduce new songs as time goes on. Think having SS full of Derby fans is the right thing to do for the atmosphere.

What you don't want is all people moving over, especially with kids, who are there purely for the price and nothing else or it'll end up quiet still.

Its got to be known that its the vocal section. There will be chanting and swearing and probably standing. It's not just cheap seats.

Guarantee a few will come over that just want to cheap tickets, which is fine, but they need to know what the stand is about.

I don't really understand why the price would be much different anyway. It's cheap now because you get moved. If the SS is permanent then I hope the price is average. Affordable for Alvaston scumbags but not cheap enough to encourage benefit scrounging Stoke fans in. I'm not naming names...

Yep, guess you're right about some moving just because it's cheaper, plus from what we've seen round us, there's a few teens/early 20's who don't sing either, one woman near us is always on her phone. Shame that.

It's still loud tho..but could be louder.

you're lucky Private Derby didn't take offence to that last remark........

Archived