Away fans move

davenportram

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All fair comment, but it looks to me that a lot of fans who may like sitting in the East Stand and SE corner are going to have to move now.

They either move behind the goal or into more expensive seats further down the E Stand. That's ok if you don't mind sitting behind the goal or if you can afford to pay more. Personally speaking I hate sitting or standing behind the goal and I would be pretty miffed if I had to cough up more money.

I'm not really sure why we need to do this now. The reason for the recent poor atmosphere in my opinion is largely down to what has been going on on the pitch.

Since the change of manager don't you think the atmosphere is loads better already?

The club tells us it needs additional income to compete and yet appears happy to spend a shed load of money on a stadium redesign and compensating those that have to move.

No need for a redesign at all. SE corner can be segregated using the wall at the end of the stand and the shutters that come down (like they do now when we have the SE corner and give the SS to away fans)

They won't need to compensate a lot of fans as they'll offer moves for the sane price or less to certain seas of the ground.

Hi , new to this site , been on here to read posts but not felt the need/urge to post until now , I am one of the SE corner fans who will have to move and I'm not happy !!

I feel they have been very underhand with the way they have gone about it , it seems to be an almost done deal yet this is the first time I've been asked my opinion , I now have to reply if I object , they know full well that most people will forget , or feel it's not worth it so won't bother , then they will say everyone is for it

Everyone who isn't affected seem to think its a great idea , would they feel the same if they were been turfed out of there seats that they've sat in since the ground opened ?

They have offered people cheap tickets to get them to move to the South Stand this season, in the process diluting the number of fans who will be upset , do they really think the tickets will still be cheap when this is completed ?

The atmosphere has never been a problem till we had to sit through the last 5 years or so of lacklustre football , I don't recall anyone complaining about the atmosphere during the Jim Smith years in the prem or the year we got promoted under Billy, they now think that because we sit in a different place we will all start singing ?? Absolute rubbish , play some good football (as we have been doing the last few games ) and the atmosphere will improve ( as it has done the last few games ) not as the club are making out , because a few people are sat in the South Stand !! Anyway , rant over , COME ON YOU RAMS

Totally agree with AntB, as I too will be relocated after 10+ Seasons in the same seat. As I am forced to move it had better be a damn site cheaper than those in south stand who chose to move this time around.

The south stand move has had nought to do with moving fans it's the positive attacking football we are seeing on the pitch.

Best atmosphere this season has been at the games against The Dirties and the Wendies when our fans were not there.

Has the letter been sent to all STs or just those in the affected areas?

I think the dream is simply to create a Kop. I've had season ticket in the SE for a while but sometimes I've sat with the father in law in the West Stand.

The South Stand can be an impressive sight. When Wednesday and Palace have had it most recently it looks really imposing and sounds great. 5,000 fans belting a song out into the ground and next to them you've got what looks a small section of Rams (probably near equal in number but they go around a corner) and it just doesn't work the same.

I agree that football is the main thing that gets fans going.

I can just see the end product. The East Stand certainly has potential. Stick away fans next to them and you might bring more out of them. The SE... well if you sit in the SE it sounds quite loud at times but when I've sat with my father in law you don't really hear them that well. There's not that many left and if they can attract people to something new to 'jump on board'.

The SE has become far too clique. They don't join in any song that isn't from within. Half of them think 'we're the singing section'

Derby have shown promise under Nigel. Weren't we in the top 6 in late November/mid December one year? Playing better football than what Billy played. But the noise was poor.

So I think the club want to try something new.

Break the clique. Freshen things up.

I just hope they get the pricing right. Don't want to see anyone miss out because the cost has gone up.

I don't get the personal attachment to a seat. I get the attachment to a view but I'm sure those who want the corner view can get in in the SW or NE.

It's just the pricing I can really understand the problem with. It needs to be done fairly.

Oh look. Here come all the 'Ive sat in the SE corner for ten years and had the same seat' people.

Get real, it's been crap in that corner for years now. Get them away fans sandwiched in there and 4,500 Home fans behind both goals.

Will it be called the Alvaston End? Not by the club, i mean the fans......Alvaston is directly behind the South Stand.

You'll never take the Alvo!

We are mad, round the bend

no one takes the Alvo end....

Will we all have to wear hoodies and tie our staffies up by the velodrome?

Not someone who is affected but for people thinking the south stand holds 6000, no, don't forget the away fans will need 3000 which will protrude out into the South stand a bit.

So 4500 seems entirely possible to me and I think there will be a good chance of there being 4000+ in there for most matches assuming the football on the pitch is good.

One slight concern for me maybe fans in the East stand closer towards the half way line who are there for the football and may feel slightly intimidated inside and outside the stadium by being close to the away fans, older people or anyone with young kids etc

Will it be called the Alvaston End? Not by the club, i mean the fans......Alvaston is directly behind the South Stand.

You'll never take the Alvo!

We are mad, round the bend

no one takes the Alvo end....

Will we all have to wear hoodies and tie our staffies up by the velodrome?

I'm an Alvaston ruffian my friend and your view of the wonderful suburb is deluded. Why I ought to challenge thee to a duel thou scoundrel. I'll hunt you down like those devilish foxes.

I would never tie my trusty steed to this bicycle abomination.

Archived