Michael Jacobs

DcFc Dyycheee

I always wondered why Clough wouldn't play him at RM when we were playing 4-4-2, got a decent delivery on him.

Looked fairly lightweight going backwards,

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a winger, of course he looks lightweight going backwards. He's there to create, looks like Wolves plan to use him that way.

I am glad they played him on both wings. It used t get on my nerves the way that Clough would never play him on the right for us. The lad has got bags of talent. I hope he gets the game time he needs at Wolves, because that is all I feel he has missed with us, starting 4 or 5 games in a row. 

So, to sum up

Northampton Town Div 2 - Good

Wolves Div 1 - Good

Derby Championship - out of his depth.

What a ridiculous comment, the lad has probably played five games in a row for us once or twice? Not enough time to establish himself. He's 21 as well, improving all the time.

Maybe mclaren told him to go and put himself back in our plans and maybe wolves as well? Fair play to him for cracking on.

Not sure why you feel the need to right him off.

What a ridiculous comment, the lad has probably played five games in a row for us once or twice? Not enough time to establish himself. He's 21 as well, improving all the time.

Maybe mclaren told him to go and put himself back in our plans and maybe wolves as well? Fair play to him for cracking on.

Not sure why you feel the need to right him off.

Because he's an old-school pre-October 2013 misery-guts?

Because he's an old-school pre-October 2013 misery-guts?

No. Because I have seen him play. In the lower leagues you get more time and space to run at the opposition and to make decisions about what to do with the ball. Just watch the league highlights each week and you will see how poor the defending is. It's easy to build a reputation out of a few goals at that level. We saw it before with Liam Dickinson.

Don't get me wrong, I hope the lad proves me wrong, just as Chris Martin has. But he has much to learn about the game, his positional sense and poise on the big occasion. At 21, the good players already have this.

Some comments from Wolves fans...

@Robbo_WWFC: Final point... I thought James Henry was class

Michael Jacobs is on a whole other level. That kid will play in the Prem for sure one day!

@Aaran_Dehal89: Really impressed with Jacobs. Looks a real player. Would love to see him & Henry in the sane side. #wwfc

@ry_mcfly27: how good is Jacobs!? #SignHimUp #WWFC

@TomDudley97: Jacobs is absolutely brilliant! #wwfc

@MartinDanks: Lovely passing performance from #wwfc tonight. But.. I'd like us to be more ruthless in front of goal.. Too nice. Jacobs easily MOTM #classy

@tecklerssss: This Jacobs is some player #wwfc

Archived