Forsyth and the LB situation..

North_Stand_Ram

Just to clarify -

Forsyth is poor = Buxton's fault

Keogh is poor - Buxton's fault (you didn't say this but others have)

My beer's warm.

Buxton's fault.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are any of them decent players? The bottom three are a lot better than the rest in my opinion, others were ***** for derby in my opinion! Not sure the point you're trying to make?

perhaps you should read the thread. You'll see we are talking about players that are victims of the groaners.

All I will say on this topic is that I repeatedly stood up for Roberts last season. He may not have been great in attack but he knew his first priority and got us out of the **** on a number of occasions when our central defenders were out of position.

We have enough creativity in midfield and attack to go with purely defensive full-backs who can help us secure the clean sheets which are essential to promotion.

All I will say on this topic is that I repeatedly stood up for Roberts last season. He may not have been great in attack but he knew his first priority and got us out of the **** on a number of occasions when our central defenders were out of position.

We have enough creativity in midfield and attack to go with purely defensive full-backs who can help us secure the clean sheets which are essential to promotion.

This is one of the reasons I like the look of Wisdom so much. Both our full backs seem to think they're Jordi Alba and seem more concerned with "bombing forward" rather than defending.

Brayford knew when to go and when to sit, and he would also bust his guts to get back in position if he went forward and the opposition countered. Far too many times this season I've seen Forsyth and Smith jogging back from the wrong side of the halfway line whilst the midfield have been racing back to defend.

Darryl Powell and George Williams were both very good players. I'd wager they'd both be a vast improvement on the current team.

Powell's problem was that he didn't hide and was trying to do the job of himself and his team mates. You know who you are Messrs Burley and Kinkladze.

I think Mostyn's list missed Mikkel Beck and Nick Pickering out too!

going backwards, I can remember:-

Sammon

Theo

Teale

Claude

Griffin

Fagan

Camara

Stern John

Grenet

Daryl Powell

Craig Ramage

Geraint Williams

all being victims of the groaners.

Yes but come on..........claude davis........what are fans supposed to do?

Just weep silently?

Darryl Powell and George Williams were both very good players. I'd wager they'd both be a vast improvement on the current team.

Powell's problem was that he didn't hide and was trying to do the job of himself and his team mates. You know who you are Messrs Burley and Kinkladze.

I think Mostyn's list missed Mikkel Beck and Nick Pickering out too!

I think you're misreading. This is NOT a list of poor players. It's a list of players who fans liked to groan at.

I just don't think Forsyth is good enough, really wouldn't mind us playing Lowe if for nothing else than to raise his profile - older than both Hughes and Bennett played, and meant to be inline with their ability at a similar age.

In all honesty, Lowe plays Saturday I can guarantee in the eyes of world football he'll have at least a 4 million pound price tag on his head, it's the silly modern game.

Forsyth isn't bad in certain aspects but, he is slow to get forward, slow to get back, bad against players with a low sense of gravity or the littlest bit of tactical nous.

For what it's worth, on Saturday I think Antonio is quick but thick  :ph34r: so Max Lowe being pacy (or so I read) will be a much harder match for him than Forsyth, who he'll just run all day at and panic because he knows he hasn't got the pace to match. 

I think you're misreading. This is NOT a list of poor players. It's a list of players who fans liked to groan at.

I remember numerous times hearing people groan about Nick Pickering being near the side.

I also remember Mikkel Beck being booed onto the pitch...

I realise that Williams and Powell were both under fire at times, but was just displaying my appreciation of those two in particular...

I remember numerous times hearing people groan about Nick Pickering being near the side.

I also remember Mikkel Beck being booed onto the pitch...

I realise that Williams and Powell were both under fire at times, but was just displaying my appreciation of those two in particular...

I remember Powell and while not the most talented of footballers did a good job for us. I can't remember George Williams, my dad still loves him to this day though so he can't be that bad!

The rest of the players listed were generally toss! Feels unfair being lumped with them even if they were targeted

If anyone cares, I was named after Geraint Williams. My Mum is Welsh, my Dad a big rams fan so  horrible coincidence led to me being stuck with the name. What amazes me to this day is that when ever I've had to introduce myself, only a couple times I've had the response "Geraint as in George Williams?". Amazing considering he played nearly 300 games for us

I just don't think Forsyth is good enough, really wouldn't mind us playing Lowe if for nothing else than to raise his profile - older than both Hughes and Bennett played, and meant to be inline with their ability at a similar age.

In all honesty, Lowe plays Saturday I can guarantee in the eyes of world football he'll have at least a 4 million pound price tag on his head, it's the silly modern game.

Forsyth isn't bad in certain aspects but, he is slow to get forward, slow to get back, bad against players with a low sense of gravity or the littlest bit of tactical nous.

For what it's worth, on Saturday I think Antonio is quick but thick  :ph34r: so Max Lowe being pacy (or so I read) will be a much harder match for him than Forsyth, who he'll just run all day at and panic because he knows he hasn't got the pace to match. 

I usually agree with your opinions, but this time have to disagree. Maybe Hughes has made as "blind" and we are waiting to much from the kids? I'd stick with Forsyth until there's clearly better option available.

There's a big difference bringing child to defence than upfront. Even Hughes with his extraordinary talents had to start from wing. Not so big risk defensively there. When Lowe is ready, maybe he'll start playing LW first too? I'd play him in the end of the season if we're out of playoff race.

I usually agree with your opinions, but this time have to disagree. Maybe Hughes has made as "blind" and we are waiting to much from the kids? I'd stick with Forsyth until there's clearly better option available.

There's a big difference bringing child to defence than upfront. Even Hughes with his extraordinary talents had to start from wing. Not so big risk defensively there. When Lowe is ready, maybe he'll start playing LW first too? I'd play him in the end of the season if we're out of playoff race.

Keiron freeman at left back is a better option than Forsyth for me, suppose he'll have another chance tomorrow. If he is poor again though it has to be time to get a replacement in.

Archived