Forsyth and the LB situation..

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With neither Max Lowe or Hoganson featuring for the u21's, it seems McClaren may be mulling over a change at the left half position. I'd give Hoganson a chance, was our best player against Wolves last season, against a very good player in Sako

Thought Hoganson looked good away at Watford too.

I'd mix it up. I don't think Forsyth is as bad as he's playing, much like Keogh, but he needs time away from competitive matches to work on his game.

As Craig seems to be lacking the confidence and experience required, maybe we should opt to try and sign his Granddad Bruce, who’s full of it, and always has a “Good Game, Good Game”!

We could also opt for Citizen Smith to play right back, instead of his very over rated, and over confident posh grandson Adam. “Power to the People” and all that.  

Or if Andre is playing right back, well just for a season, well we may have to start another one of these thread things all over again, and again and next year because unfortunately we’ll struggle to sign his granddad Norman.

Right that’s the defence sorted.

Wednesday are a big, physical side who will play route 1 against us. For that reason I can't see McClaren dropping Forsyth. Also think he will stick with Wisdom and right back for this reason. Not sure how he's going to play the midfield but there's only going to be 1 way Sheffield Wednesday are going to play ... HOOF

Wednesday are a big, physical side who will play route 1 against us. For that reason I can't see McClaren dropping Forsyth. Also think he will stick with Wisdom and right back for this reason. Not sure how he's going to play the midfield but there's only going to be 1 way Sheffield

Wednesday are going to play ... HOOF

Good point!

Hoganson did look OK, but he's not a very big guy. Given that Rush disliked us playing Gareth Roberts because he was too small and felt opponents targetted him, I can't see Hoganson being considered as a long term replacement for Brucie.

Where is that info from?

Hoganson did look OK, but he's not a very big guy. Given that Rush disliked us playing Gareth Roberts because he was too small and felt opponents targetted him, I can't see Hoganson being considered as a long term replacement for Brucie.

Rush isn't picking the side though!!! (I hope).

Hmm.. I wouldn't call him/anyone replacement for Brucie as his been here just a while. Not sure who we haven't replaced properly...I liked Roberts but he was just temporary. Do I have to go to last millenium to find good LB in our team? :mellow:

The only game we have played really well in this season at home is Ipswich second half....the reason being....our wide men (bennett especially) stayed wide and our full backs overlapped. Something we definitely did not do against brum. Forsyth is capable of doing. So at a push he can do a job but I feel smith gives us a better dimension than AW at RB as he has the pace to overlap. AW could be what we are looking for in DM. Bit of class and composure.....

Hmm.. I wouldn't call him/anyone replacement for Brucie as his been here just a while. Not sure who we haven't replaced properly...I liked Roberts but he was just temporary. Do I have to go to last millenium to find good LB in our team? :mellow:

Tony dorito

Archived