Forsyth and the LB situation..

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul Simpson said tonight regarding the youngsters that thought they're keen to keep bringing academy products he thought it was too soon for Max Lowe, Kwame Thomas and Mats Morch, he said it was probably too soon to expect a run of 15-20 games for Bennett and that though Hughes is on a different level at the moment he could probably still do with a rest at some point.

It'd be interesting to know the thoughts of the new coaches regarding Hoganson, not a name that has been mentioned that much since pre-season. Seems to have done ok in most of the friendlies and his few first-team outings.

Yes – it was a few weeks into this season when he said it – he was bigging up the summer signings saying that Forsyth was our top target for left back (unbelievable really when you consider he was never really a left back and we had him on loan anyway – how he could dress this up as an "ambitious signing" I'll never know). I think someone said they didn't think Forsyth was as good as Roberts, and that's when Rush said he didn't rate Roberts etc.

Forsyth has been targeted all season as the weak link at the back.

Certainly in the last 3 games he has been targeted. Against Brum Chris Burke was allowed to get so many crosses in until he went off injured and at QPR virtually every attack was down our left flank. They can see Forsyth is lacking confidence and are targeting him for sure. 

It's simply not the correct argument to say that most of the conceded goals have come down the middle – hence Forsyth isn't the weakest link.

It's not just about the goals, central defenders who can't rely on the full backs, have to work much harder than necessary. A weak full back can lead to goals from all over the pitch

We have been most vulnerable I think at our far post from our opponents right wing crosses. Not sure if that is our fullback (Forsyth) not stopping crosses or our central defenders/right back/goalie not dealing with said cross or both! QPR's winner came from that side again.

QPR's winner was from set piece. Poor quality delivery but we still managed to lose header at back post. Shouldn't be possible...

It was Forsyth's poor play which led to a freekick, though.

Hoganson did look OK, but he's not a very big guy. Given that Rush disliked us playing Gareth Roberts because he was too small and felt opponents targetted him, I can't see Hoganson being considered as a long term replacement for Brucie.

What does Rush know about football, he's a bloody eggchaser, Hoganson is a better defender than Forsyth and his crossing and free kicks are also superior, height doesn't have to be a negative factor if the player knows how to compensate for it.

What does Rush know about football, he's a bloody eggchaser, Hoganson is a better defender than Forsyth and his crossing and free kicks are also superior, height doesn't have to be a negative factor if the player knows how to compensate for it.

Yes I agree. Hoganson looked impressive in pre-season games too. Scored a cracking goal against Port Vale. Very quick on the turn and good going forward. I'd definately give him a go.

Archived