Forsyth and the LB situation..

North_Stand_Ram

Bit of an aside...Was YouTubing to convince my 10 year old we used to be a good side recently and found Nick Pickering belting in a winner at Old Trafford. I'd totally forgotten about that, and for this alone I almost forgive him for the rest of his career. (Good England one cap wonder if the question ever comes up an'll).

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keiron freeman at left back is a better option than Forsyth for me, suppose he'll have another chance tomorrow. If he is poor again though it has to be time to get a replacement in.

I agree. I would rather Freeman than Forsyth.

I've never seen him play as a LB so can't really agree or disagree. But the fact that I've never seen him as a LB doesn't exactly fill me with confidence

I've never seen him play as a LB so can't really agree or disagree. But the fact that I've never seen him as a LB doesn't exactly fill me with confidence

He played as LB in one game last season and looked solid. However, even at RB, Freeman was lacking defensively so I don't think he's the solution for the LB issue.

Forsyth was excellent today, he puts in some superb crosses. So unlucky in the first half when was was knocked just past the post. When it should have been tapped in. His defending was far better as well.

Perhaps players are now starting to realise there is competition for place at last

Play him at LM and I wouldn't have a problem, he's still the big weak link in our creaky defence. Got done by Antonio 2 or 3 times in the second half too easily and we were grateful for some lucky bounces and poor forward play. Better teams have and will punish us. 

Going forward he's spot on. His delivery is 99% of the time superb, unlucky not to set another goal up in the first half with his ball to the near post which was saved well by Kirkland. 

He desperately needs confidence in his game. When I have watched him he looks as though he is concentrating no end on getting his first touch right. When that should come naturally and really he should be thinking 2 or 3 steps ahead like where will I pass after the touch and then should I pass then move

Find it amazing that Clough was lambasted for 'square pegs in round holes' (rightfully so in my opinion, but now we have people wanting a right back to play left back?!

It would be inspired thinking or flexibility now. We've already had sticking with the same players transformed from being stubborn to picking a settled team. 

Archived