Unusual favourite players

maydrakin

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul Hooks. Just for one wonder goal that he scored, Third division I think, can't remember who we were playing, but he picked up the ball near the halfway line, went on a mazey run dribbling round five or six opposition player, got to the edge of the area, turned around and dribbled round a few more then turned again and smashed the ball into the top corner.

Or have I imagined the whole thing?

Paul Hooks. Just for one wonder goal that he scored, Third division I think, can't remember who we were playing, but he picked up the ball near the halfway line, went on a mazey run dribbling round five or six opposition player, got to the edge of the area, turned around and dribbled round a few more then turned again and smashed the ball into the top corner.

Or have I imagined the whole thing?

Be honest................You have made it up just to get someone with a link to Piracy a mention. :ph34r:

Nick Pickering .....he finally got chants of "Nico" from the popside. .......and then giggles form the crowd speechless we had just sung his name.

He started dire, became semi average ...THEN scored something like 3 in 4 games ......including winner at Old Trafford .....with Ted McMin at back of main stand waving to fans at end of game with his crutches !!

Over the years I have had some strange ones...

Jason Kavanagh

Mark Stallard

Marino Rhamberg (despite the fact he never played competatively for us)

Matt Carbon

Ashley Ward

Lars Bohinen

Junior

Marino Rhamberg did play for Derby ...as a sub away at Leicester.....he was shockingly bad, ran weirdly...and slowly .....did nothing, certainly did nothing right - he was much vaunted in the 2 or 3 weeks prior to him playing! Never ever appeared even on bench again if memory serves me right

If his 20minute cameo performance existed on YouTube he would be rated a worse signing than George Wea's alleged brother kicking about for Southampton......he touched the ball at least!

Candino Costa......liked, then disliked, ran about like a typical unskillfull english hardworking winger......not quite the Porto highly rated youngster we believed we had signed. And to confuse everyone he scored a couple of vital goals that gave us 3 points

He was somehow pictured with Porto players after wining a cup.....totally in non playing attire!

As if we needed reminded, he was no player !

(Still ,was miles better than Plopkins, who people including jewell, thought was good at one pre season game)

Matt Carbon & Lee Carsley were particular favourites of mine as a youngster - I seem to remember Carbon having a stormer against Palace when he replaced Dean Yates at late notice?

Besides, who can possibly forget Carsley's goal in the 4-0 demolition of Southampton the first year at Pride Park??

Archived