Unusual favourite players

maydrakin

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Paul Boertien

Morten Bisgaard

Hossam Ghaly

I liked Boertien a lot as well, he used to go in for some proper thumping tackles. Maybe that was why the poor bloke got injured so often, or perhaps it was just bad luck. I was a fan of Richard Jackson too, decent steady full back who always gave his all and went about his job during times when we had some really ***** players

Paul Boertien

Morten Bisgaard

Hossam Ghaly

A very similar list..

Was a big fan of Richard Jackson too as he seemed the complete opposite of a flashy footballer.

Ian Taylor was one of my favourite players too especially when he scored on my Birthday away at Gillingham.. I was there standing up behind the goal when that bad boy flew in

The two main ones from when I was a lad were...

Ted McMinn - who actually ended up moving to the village my parents live in. Used to see him at the pub occasionally.

Mark Wright - Saw the Rams training at Moorways not long after Italia 90 and Wrighty still had his head bandaged up. They were jogging around the running track and I yelled "How's the head, Mark?". He turned around (running backwards), gave me the thumbs up and replied "Fine, cheers". I was 9 years old and couldn't have been happier that I'd spoken to him (in a fashion)

On the opposite end of this topic..

Top ?? players we signed , who never really delivered for us ..

Derek  Hales , John Robertson , Kenny Burns , Ravanelli , etc . etc..

add yours..

No No No.

Don't start a depressing thread like this

The first name on that list is as bad as it will ever get.  (apart from clod divarse)

Archived