watches....to dream on for

froggg

5 minutes ago, Angry Ram said:

Looking to buy a Rolex Cosmograph Daytona 2016 but cant find on anywhere.. Any suggestions?

Not every store has one. I saw a pretty impressive store in Nottingham city center, can't remember the name though. I think they can get one for you.

26 minutes ago, Cisse said:

Not every store has one. I saw a pretty impressive store in Nottingham city center, can't remember the name though. I think they can get one for you.

Thanks mate. I live in London and can't get one anywhere.. 3 year waiting list they told me ...

Going to Dubai and will try there, if no luck will have to choose something else.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27 September 2016 at 21:19, Cisse said:

The waiting list is that long in most places. Dubai might work, One place that you should check is Hong Kong. That's the hotbed for watches and the sales have been plummeting there early this year.

Gave up on the Daytona went for the Sea Dweller 44mm. Chunky watch but really pleased.

:thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...
On 13/10/2016 at 11:36, Cisse said:

I'm back. I got a new job so now I can start to save for a new watch. What do you guys recommend ? :)

How about one of these. No pics as yet (there may be on the website). Just had this e-mail so I thought I'd give you the 'heads up'.

We are proud to announce the birth of our new movement

The Stamford Original will be revealed on Thursday at the Saatchi Gallery.

Weighing in at 29mm diameter and just 4.6mm thin the movement is designed to suit our own watch cases and dials.

The Stamford Original is a completely new movement. Every component is manufactured in England. Much of the turning work is outsourced to around twenty middle-England precision engineering companies. From there the watches are slowly built up in our Stamford workshops.

A staff of fifteen machine and jewel the plates, cocks and bridges in small batches and  machine cases and dials. Even the  screws and jewels are made in England.

We were driven on by those in the industry who said this "couldn't be done" (the manufacturing of all the components in England). Robert stubbornly believed it could and has spent the last few years working towards this moment. 

We will be exhibiting at Salon QP and the watch will be available for 2017. It is being made in a series of  twelve in white gold and twelve in yellow gold cases, 39mm diameter. The price of each is £28,500.

01780 481319                           www.robertloomes.com

I have 3 watches at the moment:

DKNY NY-1456 - used for daily wear

Rolex Explorer II 16570 (1996) - Managed to pick it up for £1.9k, keep it as much as an investment, very rarely wear it, never intend to sell it, will likely pass it down.

Thomas Earnshaw Observatory ES-8030-02 - A bit of a snazzier watch, tend to wear for an evening out/wedding. Was my last puchase.

I am fairly sure I have a couple more waches lurking in the back of drawers somewhere but none that I wear or are of much value.

19 hours ago, steve brummie said:

A mate bought a genuine Rolex on holiday.

If it's not genuine he's been tricked out of £4.99!

I paid a 1000 baht for a fake one in Thailand once, just to get the chap away from me (I had been drinking so possibly more generous than normal). Not sure what I ever did with it.