Derby County v Birmingham City

Gritstone Ram

Martin was very poor and I think that did not help Hughes or Bryson and when Martin was subbed Bryson and Hughes disappeared because sammon is just *****

To be fair to Sammon we were just pumping it long. And Hughes went off shortly after Martin.

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Martin was very poor and I think that did not help Hughes or Bryson and when Martin was subbed Bryson and Hughes disappeared because sammon is just *****

Martin has been struggling with a back injury all week according to McClaren after the game.

It's not about stats, pedigree, where he's from or who else he's played for - it's about what he does in a white shirt. Brayford was from Crewe and was brilliant. Wisdom's from Liverpool and England U21's and was poor.

He was hardly poor was he? he had a good game overall. give him chance he's only played for us once! 

He was hardly poor was he? he had a good game overall. give him chance he's only played for us once! 

I've got a feeling that Needles was the only one who thought that Wisdom was poor, and that was all down to one error of judgement. Unfortunately that one error of judgement ended with a fantastic finish which cost us 2 points.

Just watched the highlights, how good was Buckos distribution?!?!

The Sammon miss was pretty bad and I'm definitely not sure what to make of Dawkins yet

I am not so sure that Sammon's miss was as bad as that. He created the chance himself and to spin and hit the ball cleanly (which he did do) is not that easy. He probably had more time than he thought. Wards early miss was far far worse.

I am not so sure that Sammon's miss was as bad as that. He created the chance himself and to spin and hit the ball cleanly (which he did do) is not that easy. He probably had more time than he thought. Wards early miss was far far worse.

Yea, the big thing was he had time to take it down in the box, and from that range I'm expecting a striker to hit the target

Yea, the big thing was he had time to take it down in the box, and from that range I'm expecting a striker to hit the target

I know, it is so easy from the stands or the comfort of your sitting room isn't it? Meanwhile in real life, he had forced an error from the Blues defender so he knew he was still there. He had his eyes on the ball so was not sure what was happening around him. He connected really well with the ball and unfortunately it went just wide. Much better strikes than Sammon will miss much much easier chances than that.

anyone else think that hughes' form has been fairly dire by his standards recently? overhitting passes, mis-controlling etc and just general lapses in concentration which make him look a shade of the player we know him to be? still only young etc but he's just been disappointingly average recently

He is 18 years old and even though by his previous very high standards he wasn't quite so effective to say has been dire is really silly, he has still been our most effective player and each game is having to learn to cope with new experiences. A bit of reality needed in your corner of Leics methinks.

He is 18 years old and even though by his previous very high standards he wasn't quite so effective to say has been dire is really silly, he has still been our most effective player and each game is having to learn to cope with new experiences. A bit of reality needed in your corner of Leics methinks.

ok maybe the use of 'dire' was wrong...but in terms of general play he has been poor! i know he's set high standards but at the minute he's not even getting the simple things right, obviously players experience dips in form etc but I was just pointing it out

He has had a couple of off games but even when he has an off day he has that defence splitting pass like the one at Watford for Sammon's winner and he done a class chip ball in the game against Birmingham that nearly made a goal.

I think this is the difference with Hughes. He's a top player, even when he's having a quiet game he's likely to produce that match winning moment.

When he's average, he works hard, closes players down, finds space, retains possession. When he has a good game he's unplayable.

Archived