Here We Go Again...

G STAR RAM

Roy Hodgson: Football Association backs England manager

The Football Association has given its "full support" to Roy Hodgson after the England manager became embroiled in a race row.

Hodgson was criticised for telling a joke about a monkey and an astronaut during half-time of Tuesday's World Cup qualifier against Poland.

Anti-racism campaigners Kick It Out called for an investigation, but FA chairman Greg Dyke backed Hodgson.

"He has and deserves the full support of the Football Association," he said.

"Roy Hodgson is a man of the highest integrity, an honourable man who is doing a great job with the England team."

Dyke added: "He has fully explained to us what he said and the point he was making to the players in the dressing room at half-time on Tuesday night. He has also explained the context in which he made his remarks.

"He has made clear there was no intent to say anything inappropriate, and he was certainly not making any comments with any racist connotation. Importantly, he has apologised for any unintended offence that may have been taken.

"Roy has spoken with Andros Townsend and a number of the players since the game and he has been assured there are no problems within the squad whatsoever.

"Additionally The FA has not had a complaint from any squad member or player representative, and we have today talked extensively to the squad. The FA has been assured by the players that there are no problems and they understand the point Roy was making and the context in which he was speaking.

"We will be making no further comment on this story and will now be giving Roy and the team our full support as we prepare for the World Cup in Brazil."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24563131

Just three days after qualifying for the World Cup and the press are up to their usual tricks already. Absolute scum.

Why don't we just go the whole hog and ban the word monkey and change the name of a whole species of animal so to be sure not to offend anyone.

I'd love to know who leaked this story to the press.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really wanna hear Roy's joke now... What was it?

In the half time team talk he was trying to get Smalling to get the ball to Townsend. He made a comment about a "space monkey" but it was in reference to NASA when they sent monkey's to space and not a derogatory/offensive comment towards Townsend due his ethnic background.

Here’s the joke in full:

“NASA decided they’d finally send a man up in a capsule after sending only monkeys in the earlier missions.

“They fire the man and the monkey into space.

“The intercom crackles, ‘Monkey, fire the retros.’

“A little later, ‘Monkey, check the solid fuel supply.’

“Later still, “Monkey, check the life support systems for the man.’

“The astronaut takes umbrage and radios NASA, ‘When do I get to do something?’

“NASA replies, ‘In 15 minutes – feed the monkey.’”

It's quite funny really. Just it was analogous of Andros Townsend as the monkey, the one doing all the work. But what is he suppose to do, change the monkey to a dog just to make it racially sensitive? Get a life reporters.

As Townsend himself tweeted, no offence meant and none taken.

I'm so glad we have a free press who have the freedom to ensure these blatant racists get caught in the act.

I can't believe the FA haven't released a list of banned animals in half time team talks.

Andros Townsend didn't find that offensive, but well done on the England player with the brilliant intellectual capacity who spotted this comment and leaked it to the press. I wish I knew who it was so I can thank him for helping our preparation for the World Cup.

I think this has completely scuppered our chances of signing Januzaj though.

Have you heard the ***** that rappers come out with?

I'm offended by pretty much every dumb word that comes out of the buck tooth snout attached to the thick racist cnut Kanye West.

That's offensive.

Tell me more about black slavery Kanye. Then tell me who's killing who in Africa and the ghetto?

Thick as fook.

Gotta stick together and fight oppression. Sooooo ironic!!

"Nigga" this and "nigga" that.

Always bring race into it. Fook off

Monkey

Is

An

Animal.

(As you can probably tell I don't accept all cultures)

Aaaaaaaaiiiight?

The FA need to hold an inquiry into this all right, an inquiry to find out who thought it would be a good idea to inform some tabloid hack knowing it would rock the World Cup boat.

They need to find out who it was and fook them off out of future squads. It can't be that hard to find out, the dressing room at half time isn't exactly open to all is it ?

Hodgson needs to know he's got no snakes in the grass types in the camp and I have a fair amount of sympathy for him, the shitforbrains hack should be banned from future press conferences as well, we can do without this kind of mischief making.

Archived