What I miss about Derby

WilkoRam

lol was coming to that.......seriously though do genuinely mean what I say I mean the Eagle Centre deary me, Derby Playhouse, the Morledge Bus Centre about 10 years behind everywhere else.....when I was a teenager Nottingham was the hip place to either shop or go for evenings out at places like Rock City.....

Rock City is good, alot of people rate Derby for a night out thought because its so much cheaper

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im pretty sure no one down south has every been taught manners, at least not proper Derbyshire manners!

My Mrs, who's from Edmonton in London, looks at me with despair when we get on the tube. The reason being is I let people in front of me when the doors open and up escalators rather than get the elbows out and try and get on first. She often says we wouldn't get anywhere if it wasn't for her.

Them birds sausage rolls.. My word they are good.

I miss my mates but still get over quite alot. I miss the Baseball Ground. Especially night matches and the cracking atmosphere generated there.

that mid-morning hunger......one sausage roll and one scotch egg.......Birds finest! 

Job done. :p

Wilko.. Over here if you open doors or show politeness to women, especially the younger generations then it can be considered as quite offensive! Equality gone mad.

I find if you do that down here then people think you're trying to sleep with said female

Last time I was in Derby I was just about to cross the road from the river by the council buildings when a lovely old lady in her late 80s tucked her arm under mine and said "hope you don't mind flower"

Where would you still get that ffs?...

nice of her to help you cross , very thoughtful..

:)

Last time I was in Derby I was just about to cross the road from the river by the council buildings when a lovely old lady in her late 80s tucked her arm under mine and said "hope you don't mind flower"

Where would you still get that ffs?...

Did you find your wallet missing after she had left :)

Another thing I forgot to mention is Radio Derby

Mainly the time that they play old pop/rock music from the 70's and 80's

Absolute classics like Starship, Dire Straits and John Parr which you'd obviously never hear over this way..

They still play that stuff Bris!! You can at least listen to RD on t,internet.

Archived