What I miss about Derby

WilkoRam

Food, family, friends, those summer days spent in the pub gardens by the canal..

That's it.

Derbyshire isn't a bad place at all for English standards.. But let's be honest, it's such an ugly country.

English Country is fine its the towns that are cr@p.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I miss......

walking down the street and bumping into someone I know and standing chatting for half an hour about anything.

being able to get a really good sunday dinner in a number of places.

that ice cream shop near Lea Green.

Belper river gardens

Sunday morning football.

Getting in the car on a Saturday afternoon and being able to listen to the match whilst i am running errands.

Malock bath.

Riding my bike around the beautiful countryside.

The masturbating snowman christmas decorations in Ripley.

Crest of the wave chips and beans.

I'm based in Lincolnshire Mon-Fri so I literally miss everything possible during the week.

From half decent roads to a tesco's 2 minutes up the road... there's probably nothing I don't miss! Maybe Hills, it's rather flat here and I like that.

I'm based in Lincolnshire Mon-Fri so I literally miss everything possible during the week.

From half decent roads to a tesco's 2 minutes up the road... there's probably nothing I don't miss! Maybe Hills, it's rather flat here and I like that.

Where abouts are you? Lincoln area here.

Great thread WIko. I too was surprised that Birds was not a feature outside of the East Midlands. I still miss the Old Derby bus stop, New is not necessary better as is seen with modern Stadiums, The new Bus Stop is underwhelming.

I liked the cafe on the ramp half way up to the walk over bridge.

Proper dirty.

Oh, and the pet shop underneath.

I moved out from Derby 25 years and genuinely cant find anything to miss about the place, poor relations to Nottingham and Leicester in terms of shopping, infrastructure, transport but thats just my opinion

more bait, mention better teams as well.

lol was coming to that.......seriously though do genuinely mean what I say I mean the Eagle Centre deary me, Derby Playhouse, the Morledge Bus Centre about 10 years behind everywhere else.....when I was a teenager Nottingham was the hip place to either shop or go for evenings out at places like Rock City.....

Archived