What I miss about Derby

WilkoRam

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Food, family, friends, those summer days spent in the pub gardens by the canal..

That's it.

Derbyshire isn't a bad place at all for English standards.. But let's be honest, it's such an ugly country.

Boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

it's a beautiful Country and that's me being honest. Derbyshire is also a beautiful County.

adios.

:cool:

it's a beautiful Country and that's me being honest. Derbyshire is also a beautiful County.

adios.

It's horrific.. It's probably the only country that doesn't have a proper summer or winter.. At least in other countries the winter gets a decent snowfall and it can look beautiful. In England it's usually that slushy grey **** that's everywhere..

Derbyshire during the summer on a clear blue sky can be beautiful I'll giveyou that.. I really enjoyed hanging out with my friends and just driving around in the summer time going to pubs in places like Shardlow..

I also missed my Sunday League football team.. We were based in Long Eaton so going over to the likes of Belper and Swadlincote it was a nice drive. There was another team called East Leek Bantams we played regularly that was always a treck to get to but the surrounding area was nice too.. I have no idea where it is though

It is not a problem meeting people but would we all get on or would it be a bit like you said this and you said that.

I like to think we could all get on ok.

You'd have to have a good memory to remember half the gems/tosh posted on here TBF :lol:

There were a few good pubs too but I don't miss them as much as there's good pubs everywhere.

Any night club I would have gone to would be closed now. My old schools have been knocked down. So football and Birds Bakery. My folk are still there but they're moving soon (I may have severe birds withdrawal when that happens)

I was pretty shocked when I found out Birds didn't exist in the rest of the country. There isn't a single thing sold in Birds that isn't bloody delicious! I love having the Peak District so close as well, camping in the Peak District was a big part of growing up for me, I loved it. Nice pubs too, plenty of proper old school pubs as well as some decent modern ones too and all pretty good price-wise. Especially compared to places further south.

As more and more of my friends move away from Derby/Derbyshire though I find there isn't a whole lot holding me here so once I've saved up a bit I'm gonna start looking at moving to pastures new.
When I do, Derby matches and the few remaining mates here will probably be the things I'll miss most. Certainly won't miss the clubs, Derby is a pretty ***** night out to be honest

Nando's at the Corn Market and Old Dolphin.

well, you missed the Brunny.

Totally.

You were obviously with your "mates" in the ye old haunted I know Richard Felix Dolphin.

That m'lord, is the case for the prosecution.

I miss nowt from Derbyshire.

I love proper Bakewell tarts. May be I ought to advise our new German member to go there?

Archived