Marius Zaliukas

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well QPR have taken huge interest, and he rejected a contract from Rangers (yes I know rangers) last month.

You know Rangers STILL have a larger wage budget than us - I was surprised to find out, probably still the second highest in scotland in all honesty.

Yeah, with all the free agents they've signed probably demanding big wages. He looks decent on a free in my opinion

I've never seen him play, I'm not too convinced in all honesty(looking at his record) I've got an image in my head of rob jones :lol:  - but, willing to be proven wrong.

You know Rangers STILL have a larger wage budget than us - I was surprised to find out, probably still the second highest in scotland in all honesty.

and they lost something like £14M last year - seems they haven't learned a thing from their recent troubles......

Why is it bad he has no club. Aren't Hearts F'd we might get a good player free.

Does anyone think we might be looking at playing three CBs in a 5-3-2?

Or maybe McLaren wants 4 centrebacks in his team like most of the managers?

Well at least it's an informed assessment you're making.

I did say I'm not too convinced looking at his record.

Let's face it the majority on here would be laughing if he signed for Forest, yet he is a good signing for us. 

None of us will have seen  him play, bit part player for Lithuania and proclaims that he chose Hearts over Man Utd, has a bad reputation and is exactly the sort of player I'd prefer not to sign. 

We will see though, for me I'm cautious - he has been out of football since the summer, and 1/4 into the season still without a club. We'll see though (if we sign him) 

I did say I'm not too convinced looking at his record.

Let's face it the majority on here would be laughing if he signed for Forest, yet he is a good signing for us. 

None of us will have seen  him play, bit part player for Lithuania and proclaims that he chose Hearts over Man Utd, has a bad reputation and is exactly the sort of player I'd prefer not to sign. 

We will see though, for me I'm cautious - he has been out of football since the summer, and 1/4 into the season still without a club. We'll see though (if we sign him) 

He's been training with QPR though, with Redknapp admitting that he's considering offering him a deal.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11711/8945858/transfer-news-qpr-boss-harry-redknapp-considers-offering-deal-to-marius-zaliukas

And that's 2nd in the table QPR. That's got to say something about his quality.

Just had this tweet from a chap a Derby fan I know in Scotland who lives in the area and knows his football. He told me how excellent Craig Bryson would be for us

"quality player adored by the Hearts fans he wasn't on big money at Tynecastle but a quality defender"

At least his names unpronounceable, that's probably exotic enough to get him superstar status for the first couple of months.

I didn't see which far flung place have our networks and contacts now at the club scouted him from? And I wonder if Sam's wowed enough.

Hopefully.

Hopefully we dont go down the route of the "Unpronounceables" otherwise we'll end up with Pereplotkins back!

Archived