Marius Zaliukas

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, they nick Dunne off us and have kept 7 clean sheets, but somehow have to buy another f*cking CB?

Wonder if we'll bag a goal or two against them? I also wonder how much their defence being watertight was down to McClaren and how much down to the quality of their defenders?

As far as Dunne was concerned, were we ever really in for him? Did we speak to him? All I seem to recall is a load of speculation on here, which is the same as when ANY player is released from anywhere, and Clough saying that he thought that he would probably find a Premier League club.

Dunne was on a reported £60k a week at Villa, although he would have been nowhere near that at QPR, you can bet your life that it would still have been far more than Derby's wage structure would have run to.

Wonder if we'll bag a goal or two against them? I also wonder how much their defence being watertight was down to McClaren and how much down to the quality of their defenders?

As far as Dunne was concerned, were we ever really in for him? Did we speak to him? All I seem to recall is a load of speculation on here, which is the same as when ANY player is released from anywhere, and Clough saying that he thought that he would probably find a Premier League club.

Dunne was on a reported £60k a week at Villa, although he would have been nowhere near that at QPR, you can bet your life that it would still have been far more than Derby's wage structure would have run to.

Clough did say at the time that he'd talked to Dunne and made it clear he wanted him at Derby

Clough did say at the time that he'd talked to Dunne and made it clear he wanted him at Derby

Really? The only direct Clough quote I can remember reading was "If the possibility became available down the line, we would look at it. But I think he will be looking to stay in the league above for now.” That was at the start of July.

I'm not sure he said he'd talked to him.

Oh come on. If we swapped "a Falkirk player" for "Neil Lennon" we'd be giving the lad a medal. Ok, maybe just me......

No, not just you, Alan Shearer is a hero of mine just for his volley into Lennon's face and getting away with it!! :lol:

Archived