Minutes applause for Nigel

networker1884

His name wasn't clough

And it wasn't a 'trend' back when Burley left to do such a thing as selecting a minute for applause.

Some time not long after that someone somewhere decided to forgo the minute's silence for a minute's applause - I vaguely remember some very mild controversy over the idea. We did it for Pickering in September 2006 but even then there weren't 'designated minutes'

Now everyone wants to do it, for a variety of reasons.

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bris you have been away for a while. Why come back and try to be contentious just for the sake of it. You know what I meant stop trying to be clever. 

It wasn't a dig at you, sorry it looks that way..

It was more a dig at the footballing cliches when something happens and all the players get together and say 'they really want a result for so and so'... When in reality they shouldn't need that sort of motivation to go out and try and get a result..

I bet if NC watches the game and sees his players putting in more effort 'for him' he will be gutted that they didn't show that spirit everygame.

It is so embarrasing.. like someone has said, he knows how people feel about him, and a half hearted applause (which is all it will be) is just cringeworthy.

Let it go.

he has gone, he shoudl or should not have been sacked depending on your view point, but he isnt coming back.

Onwards and upwards with Stevie Mac.

It wasn't a dig at you, sorry it looks that way..

It was more a dig at the footballing cliches when something happens and all the players get together and say 'they really want a result for so and so'... When in reality they shouldn't need that sort of motivation to go out and try and get a result..

I bet if NC watches the game and sees his players putting in more effort 'for him' he will be gutted that they didn't show that spirit everygame.

Fair enough I apologise.

I missed the standing ovation, bloody hell.

Apparantley it was anything but cringeworthy or embarrassing.

Good on you all people, nice one :-)

Archived