Minutes applause for Nigel

networker1884

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Think Saul deeneys career ended yesterday!! On a different note, bailey, Tyson, jacobs and ledgkins are all on a fresh start now. eustace and Davies won't play much more football in my opinion.

Forsyth, Keogh, Buxton and smith need to seriously up their game as well or they'll be gone,

Tyson rejoining on loan then :D

Think Saul deeneys career ended yesterday!! On a different note, bailey, Tyson, jacobs and ledgkins are all on a fresh start now. eustace and Davies won't play much more football in my opinion.

Forsyth, Keogh, Buxton and smith need to seriously up their game as well or they'll be gone,

Buxton has been our best player this season, according to my rankings (well, joint top with Martin now) I do agree he needs to up his game, but so does everyone else in the team. 

And yeah, I will participate in the minutes applause - if I could meet him, I would shake his hand and thank him for all his time, and effort but, I can't so I will sound my appreciation for his job well done on tuesday! 

Hearing an idea for a minutes applause on 9 minutes for Nigel v Ipswich. Spread the word #dcfc @derbycounty @wymhaq @dcfc_flagman

Retweeted by nick webster

^oh RT @wymhaq: @derbycounty how about a standing ovation on Tuesday night for Cloughie on 9 minutes? #dcfcfans

im sorry but I think we shudnt go to the match ,hit that greedy board room in there pokets,they are a disgraceful

I'm sorry but this gushing flow of emotion shows that peoples love of Nigel was due to who he was rather than what he did. Let's be clear, he was not a poor manager, he did some good stuff with us and steadied a ship that was struggling. But over the past day and a half I have read comments comparing it to Brian Clough resigning (nobody has explained to me the similarities yet), saying part of DCFC has died, a minutes applause in the next game and people crying. We all wanted the local lad, who was the son of the greatest person to be at our club, to do well. I thought he wasn't the man to take us forward but I wanted to be wrong for those reasons. This outpouring of grief goes to prove that people didn't want that romantic idea to die. We've never considered a minutes applause before or said part of DCFC has died in the past. I remember non of this emotion when Burley went and we had a worse board then, who did sell his assets on the cheap and yet he got us into the play-offs. If this isn't due to who Nigel was and is down to his achievements then why haven't we done it before? Or did we see Chelsea do it and want to copy them? Is it now the thing to do when a manager is sacked?

I'm sorry but this gushing flow of emotion shows that peoples love of Nigel was due to who he was rather than what he did. Let's be clear, he was not a poor manager, he did some good stuff with us and steadied a ship that was struggling. But over the past day and a half I have read comments comparing it to Brian Clough resigning (nobody has explained to me the similarities yet), saying part of DCFC has died, a minutes applause in the next game and people crying. We all wanted the local lad, who was the son of the greatest person to be at our club, to do well. I thought he wasn't the man to take us forward but I wanted to be wrong for those reasons. This outpouring of grief goes to prove that people didn't want that romantic idea to die. We've never considered a minutes applause before or said part of DCFC has died in the past. I remember non of this emotion when Burley went and we had a worse board then, who did sell his assets on the cheap and yet he got us into the play-offs. If this isn't due to who Nigel was and is down to his achievements then why haven't we done it before? Or did we see Chelsea do it and want to copy them? Is it now the thing to do when a manager is sacked?

I would say its more to do with people having internet forums to express their every thought. Think how few were on tinternet when Burley left....

I'm off to toilet for 2 minutes on the 8th minute, it's embarrassing really embarrassing and I was never a "Clough hater".

Just like when fans were calling Savage a legend, he's a bellend, can't we reserve legend status for the real legends and save these minute applauses for people like Gordon Gutherie?

Why even the 9th minute? Because he had the number 9 on his training kit?...he was never our number 9, he was our manager.

How about focus all chants and clapping for the team on Tuesday, get behind the lads and break out the classics with words that the whole stadium can join in with (apart from the West Stand obviously).

Nigel will know how the fans have reacted to the sacking, the club, board, owners, GSE, the tea lady will also know.

If you really want to say thanks to Nigel, do what the Man City fans did by thanking Mancini with a page in the local paper and support the team on matchday.

I would say its more to do with people having internet forums to express their every thought. Think how few were on tinternet when Burley left....

There were enough forums about and people had the internet back then but you could have a point especially with the boom of social media, and this did all start with twitter

Archived