Minutes applause for Nigel

networker1884

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are we all not anonymous on here and were they hiding or just sat listening to the game on the radio? does it matter that they don't go to games or is it just because you don't agree with those two members that it becomes a problem. Had Notts_Ram been behind the clapping idea tonight, wished Nigel all the best and thanked him for the job he's done would you still have questioned him if he went tonight?

The "did you even go to the game" includes 60+ people that were following the game in the match chat tonight, I'll get you the list of usernames if you like so you can call them out as well.

Also they find it funny Nigel got sacked it is an opinion and a opinion they are entitled to, the RD phone in the other night had callers ringing in glad that. Nigel has gone, I see fans on Twitter season ticket holders that were celebrating when Nigel got sacked.

Fair enough, I think the abuse Nigel was given over the last week or so was too far and it got to me. Mcmuffin calling him a c*** and nobody raising an eyebrow was unbelievable, especially considering the reaction we see when someone thinks their right to have an opinion is slightly infringed. This forum isn't twitter thank goodness, but notts_ram was obviously loving laughing at people's hurt over Clough.

I just need to accept there are a lot of w**kers about and the anonymity of forums like this allow them to be their real selves.

I didn't clap myself. On a personal level, I just want to move on. But for those that did, good on you. Thought it was a genuinely nice touch and it was entirely harmless.

Find something else to complain about.

Should hope you didn't clap yourself...what have you ever done to deserve a minutes applause?!

Should hope you didn't clap yourself...what have you ever done to deserve a minutes applause?!

Well that's fine you didn't think he deserved it. Others did. Others thank him for steadying a ship they saw as sinking. Do you think people applauded him if they had the same opinion as you?

Personally I think it was time for him to go. But my life is just too short to complain about people expressing a different opinion to mine in a harmless manner. I've got other things to do.

My mate bought me a drink after the match and I'm not sure I deserved it. Anyone fancy complaining about that too?

Well that's fine you didn't think he deserved it. Others did. Others thank him for steadying a ship they saw as sinking. Do you think people applauded him if they had the same opinion as you?

Personally I think it was time for him to go. But my life is just too short to complain about people expressing a different opinion to mine in a harmless manner. I've got other things to do.

My mate bought me a drink after the match and I'm not sure I deserved it. Anyone fancy complaining about that too?

Damn that's the last time I try and be funny if people can't understand my humour!

I was suggesting you was clapping yourself...I'll get my coat!

If you look behind you I think you'll see GStar's banter that went over your head.

Are we really going to have to use the tongue out smilie everytime?!?

Not sure. It's going to be the 8th minute for Neil Sullivan though. We couldn't find any suitable number so we just went off his body shape

Not getting Neil Sullivan (although he's not a small man) confused with the other physio are you? Matt... something, was at Burton for years before following Clough here.

Damn that's the last time I try and be funny if people can't understand my humour!

Tempted to ban you for making me look stupid.

You could have given me a clue.

A nudge? a wink?

I got it mate.

Duracell must need recharging. Try it again.

On phone and don't know how to do it. Can you think of a better code? Maybe put (banter) at the end of the sentence?

Think someone just needs to throw a bucket of water on my face to be honest. I'm a right mess after that much.

Please, sir, can we give it another try?

Don't understand how anyone could be against it.

I'd like to think we're a club with certain morals and a man that spent 5 years trying to build up our credibility again through hard times, leaves his post (sacked or not) I would have still wanted to give him a good send off.

Comments like 'pathetic' and 'has he died' just don't phase me at all - tonight, i'm proud that we took a MINUTE out of the matchday 90 to show respect to a man that has taken 5 years out of his life giving it his all.

Archived