Michael Keane

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If he is better than Buxton, then bring him in. Which in my book means bring him in.

Nowt wrong with Bucko.

Star defensive midfielder.

Bucko's done alright for us in recent years. He was obviously brought in as a squad filler but rapidly established himself as a first-teamer. Scored some important goals too against the scum and dirties.

Obviously not without his faults, and will likely suffer through the whole 'improving the defence' process, but there's no need to start slating him because we think we might be able to get someone better now.

Smacks of scapegoatism.

Just donMt think he's good enough to be first choice for derby. Not a scapegoat, held that opinion for four years. I'll hold my hands up that he's improved massively in that time, espescially technically and with his distribution.

Has the perfect attitude and always gives his all, just a lack of height, pace and ability in some instances means he's too limited in my opinion. Keogh looked good yesterday with whitbread and there's no room for sentiment in football.

Just donMt think he's good enough to be first choice for derby. Not a scapegoat, held that opinion for four years. I'll hold my hands up that he's improved massively in that time, espescially technically and with his distribution.

Has the perfect attitude and always gives his all, just a lack of height, pace and ability in some instances means he's too limited in my opinion. Keogh looked good yesterday with whitbread and there's no room for sentiment in football.

Couldn't have put it better myself. Agree entirely.

If there was no room for sentiment in football, then our second best performer of the season wouldn't have been dropped for our second worst and 'captain' IMO.

Keogh played well yesterday, but he has been second best to Buxton in every which way this season - no getting away from it.

Every time Keogh went for the ball in the air, Whitbread was dropping off to cover for him.

He never received that from Buxton, and whilst I like Buxton for his heart and determination, he is limited. Buxton has a place in the squad and is a valuable role model, but to expect him to perform at a top six level is maybe a step too far unfortunately.

We may well see more from Keogh now he can concentrate on his own game.

If there was no room for sentiment in football, then our second best performer of the season wouldn't have been dropped for our second worst and 'captain' IMO.

Keogh played well yesterday, but he has been second best to Buxton in every which way this season - no getting away from it.

Who was the more talent and potential to be a footballer? Keogh by a million miles. That's why he will play. Buxton is a six/seven out of ten each week, that's his peak though. Keogh has had poor games this season, but also has potential to be much better than he has.

Very confident we will see Keogh play a lot better without Buxton next to him. Fair play for doing your ratings etc, sometimes you have to view other things with regards to team selection.

Archived