Michael Keane

North_Stand_Ram

• Replies 478
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone got any updates on this transfer.

The Whitbread loan has clearly given us a boost in the back four, Keane coming in would be another coup.

Without wanting to start another row, with Steve's and Erics contacts at Man Utd, is there any doubt this will go through.

Is he signed and we're just waiting to announce it?

The question is I suppose, is the consistently poor defending from set pieces down to:

1. Poor habits.
  2. Poor players.
  3. Poor coaching.

It could be a case of all three I suppose. I think personally, I would like to see Keogh centre right and Whitbread centre left with Sir Jake keeping them both on their toes. If this guy Keane comes in then I don't honestly know.

The question is I suppose, is the consistently poor defending from set pieces down to:

1. Poor habits.
  2. Poor players.
  3. Poor coaching.

It could be a case of all three I suppose. I think personally, I would like to see Keogh centre right and Whitbread centre left with Sir Jake keeping them both on their toes. If this guy Keane comes in then I don't honestly know.

If Keane comes in, I think it will be him and Keogh starting. I don't think you can just depose a captain straight away and it's important to remember Keane started (waaaay) ahead of Whitbread at Leicester.

Whitbread and Buxton on the bench and then you've got OB and Barker coming back in once the loans are coming to an end. God knows if we'll extend/sign them permanently though.

Could the reason be that we're still in for Keane is that we want him on a permanent deal? And that Whitbread was just an emergency signing?

I doubt it, I think Keane is highly regarded and if that was the case wouldn't we loan him now until Jan and then sign him.

I wouldn't expect any signings to be made until at least next week.

I doubt it, I think Keane is highly regarded and if that was the case wouldn't we loan him now until Jan and then sign him.

I wouldn't expect any signings to be made until at least next week.

He may be highly regarded but I can guarantee he's not in United's future. Both Ferdinand and Vidic have a couple of years left and then you have Evans, Smalling and Jones all ahead of him after that.

He may be highly regarded but I can guarantee he's not in United's future. Both Ferdinand and Vidic have a couple of years left and then you have Evans, Smalling and Jones all ahead of him after that.

Ferdinand and Vidic can't make a full season. They're struggling at the moment playing every game (personally I think that's a lack of confidence from Moyes and he's sticking to the safe bet). They won't be around for more than a year playing regularly. You do have Jones, Evans and Smalling but Jones and Smalling will be called upon to cover RB as well as they have no cover there and Evans isn't exactly great - wait I'm discussing Utd too much.

I would love it but be amazed if a ) we signed him and b ) we did it without a loan beforehand.

Ferdinand and Vidic can't make a full season. They're struggling at the moment playing every game (personally I think that's a lack of confidence from Moyes and he's sticking to the safe bet). They won't be around for more than a year playing regularly. You do have Jones, Evans and Smalling but Jones and Smalling will be called upon to cover RB as well as they have no cover there and Evans isn't exactly great - wait I'm discussing Utd too much.

I would love it but be amazed if a ) we signed him and b ) we did it without a loan beforehand.

Oh yeah, I fully expect a loan beforehand. But I think you have to read into the fact as well that this will be Keane' 2nd loan, whereas Smalling and Jones (despite being similar ages) haven't been out on loan. They went straight into United's squad once they were purchased. Evans was really highly rated by Ferguson, not so sure about Moyes (not sure if he's even played this season).

Keane reminds me a lot of Scott Wooton, another ex-United youth player. Went out on several loans and then sold to a Championship team (Leeds). I'm almost certain that will happen with Keane, whether it be to us or another club.

Keane one day becoming a permanent signing is not far-fetched at all.

He is quite low down in the pecking order at United, there is always good players coming through the ranks - they seem to churn out championship standard players easily! It's so bizarre.

I don't know if Keane will ever be a man utd standard player, but certainly going to have to impress if he is! and I mean really impress.

At his age Ferdinand was already proven in the premier league, and secured the British transfer record for signing with Leeds for 18 million pound, and Vidic was the most expensive defender in Russian league history... so there tends to be a trend for the really top players IMO. 

Let's get him in, see how he does - chances are there would be a lot of championship clubs in for him if he was available, and some premier league clubs.

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/342588/Manchester-United-wonderkid-set-for-Derby-County

STEVE McCLAREN wants to bring Manchester United starlet Michael Keane to Derby.

By Jack Wilson/Published 3rd October 2013

Facebook

Twitter

Google+

McClaren is yet to manage a Rams game but watched from the stands on Tuesday night.

Derby were 4-1 down to Ipswich but McClaren popped into the dressing room to inspire a second-half comeback as it ended 4-4.

Defender Keane, 20, was being chased by Nigel Clough before he was sacked last week.

Derby chief executive Sam Rush said: "Michael Keane has more opportunity of coming to this club with Steve McClaren as coach."

Archived