Marc Albrighton

maydrakin

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Clough says today that there is not much out there!!!

How do Leicester do a free deal for a polish international centre back? By keeping quiet until the deal is done that's how.

Cough has not pull or enough contacts in the market!

Saw that, he is a terrific signing - lots of pedigree with what sounds like the desire to continue to play! No-one knows what he'll be like at this level, but I can't see why he'd have any trouble.

Good signing, which is annoying.

Sorry meant to say Albrighton is ok but prone to injury and is a player in a position we do not need.

We don't currently have a 'right midfielder' 

but we've started the season without playing widemen and it's worked well thus far (not so much at home, where we had success down the lines last season) but away from home certainly.

I would take him anyway, think he is a class above this level.

We don't currently have a 'right midfielder' 

but we've started the season without playing widemen and it's worked well thus far (not so much at home, where we had success down the lines last season) but away from home certainly.

I would take him anyway, think he is a class above this level.

I agree with you. Many folks are saying we look short of ideas at home all of a sudden. An alternative [rather like a Brayford type attacking down the right hand side] can't do us any harm.

How do Leicester do a free deal for a polish international centre back? By keeping quiet until the deal is done that's how.

Or by paying more than we can afford. Jeez

As we know they have to fit a certain 'profile'... have you seen the Polish guys name, so he can go back to where he came from....... :p

Even more so if we score 5.

On a serious note why bring in a winger if we don't need more goals but can't defend.

Think we're a bit all or nothing. If we get on the front foot we look like we've got goals in us. If we struggle then we become a bit bland and I guess this is where Albrighton's penetration will hopefully force the issue down a pretty blunt right hand side?

I'm with you though. I think the defence is shoddy. I thought they shipped another soft goal v Millwall. A stupid typical goal. 'Rush' defending again. Constantly suicide charging everything.

I hope we strengthen there asap. I guess we don't know who's out there though. Baptiste's wages are double our budget! That's perhaps some indication of the sort of limits we have there.

Think we're a bit all or nothing. If we get on the front foot we look like we've got goals in us. If we struggle then we become a bit bland and I guess this is where Albrighton's penetration will hopefully force the issue down a pretty blunt right hand side?

I'm with you though. I think the defence is shoddy. I thought they shipped another soft goal v Millwall. A stupid typical goal. 'Rush' defending again. Constantly suicide charging everything.

I hope we strengthen there asap. I guess we don't know who's out there though. Baptiste's wages are double our budget! That's perhaps some indication of the sort of limits we have there.

I agree Albrighton will help us immensely going forward when we do become a bit one dimensional.

The rushing out defending that served Keogh so well last season is holding him back and it has become diving in more than anticipation. Bucko is actually timing his defending well.

The wage structure and transfer budget is that, that we can't afford many additions so if it's a CB or RM I would vote CB. Ideally a CB that can play LB but now I'm dreaming because they don't exist, well better than what we have already.

If we can get 2 loans Albrighton and a defender perfect but I think a defender should be the priority

Maybe 'cause he would be improvement what we got? Like Burke-case?

My point isn't that he wouldn't improve us in fact I would love it if we signed Albrighton. I'm worried we will get a RM and no defender.

If we can get 'an improvement of what we've already got' at CB and RM yes do it.

However if it's RM or CB that's where my concern is

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/aston-villa-hand-marc-albrighton-2286394?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Winger is out of Paul Lambert's plans - and the Scot is happy to see him pick up some match practice in the Championship

On the way out: Marc Albrighton (right) in training

Aston Villa are ready to let forgotten man Marc Albrighton go out on loan - with Nigel Clough's Derby poised to pounce.

Albrighton is out of Paul Lambert's immediate plans and the Scot is happy to see the winger head out to the Championship to pick up some match practice.

Clough has asked about former youth star Albrighton, 23, and is waiting on word about a possible capture as his side has been hit by injuries.

The Rams have lost Jeff Hendrick, while Will Hughes may join him on the casualty list for a few weeks.

Albrighton broke into the Villa first team in 2009 under Martin O'Neill and established himself as a fans' favourite.

In 2010-11 he bagged six goals in 33 games, with Gerard Houllier in charge for most of that campaign, and was also a regular the following season under Alex McLeish.

However he has struggled to command a place under Lambert.

Villa are 17th in the Premier League, with three points after four matches.

Archived