Marc Albrighton

maydrakin

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This seems like a certain move doesn't it, a 93 day loa deal, to end on jan 1st, means it will start on the 29th of september.

any chance of a permanent move?

27th sept so he can play v forest would be my best guess. Expires 30th dec but can resign on jan 1st. Guess it'll mainly come down to when he's fit

This seems like a certain move doesn't it, a 93 day loa deal, to end on jan 1st, means it will start on the 29th of september.

any chance of a permanent move?

Perhaps. I believe he runs out of contract soon and he's not been in Villa's plans for quite a while. Would be a fantastic coup!

Derby have been linked with a loan move for the midfielder who is out of contract at the end of the season.

Albrighton broke a bone in his foot the 2-1 FA Cup win over Ipswich in January, his last game, and returned to training too late to aid Villa’s successful survival bid.

He then suffered a thigh injury in pre-season and Lambert said he is prepared to let Albrighton out on loan.

“It’s a big year but he will help himself,” he said. “It’s unfair as he has missed a lot of game time.

“He’s been unfortunate. He missed nearly a whole season and he’s still really short (of fitness). If something comes up and I think it’s right I’ll look at it. If I don’t he’ll stay here. He possibly needs a good run, he needs to stay injury free.”

Albrighton has made 80 appearances for Villa, netting nine times, since coming through the ranks and making his debut against CSKA Moscow in 2009. - http://www.expressandstar.com/sport/aston-villa-fc/2013/09/19/marc-albrighton-battles-for-aston-villa-future/

Archived