Derby fans get 3 year banning orders for singing at Brighton

uttoxram75

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Rams-fans-banned-matches-homophobic-chants/story-19750932-detail/story.html#axzz2dm1DvPsy

TWO Derby County fans have been banned from attending matches for three years after admitting shouting homophobic chants at Brighton supporters during an away game last month.

Shane Davies, 25, and Daniel Davies, 20, both of Bridge Road, Brough, North Humberside were arrested on Saturday, August 10 following the match at the Amex Stadium in Brighton.
​Two Rams fans banned from matches for homophobic chants
They appeared before magistrates in Brighton and both pleaded guilty to a public order offence.
Shane Davies was fined £160 and Daniel Davies received a fine of £87, both were ordered to pay £50 costs and £20 victim surcharge.

On Monday, September 2 the pair again appeared at Brighton Magistrates’ Court where they were given three-year football banning orders.
The order was applied for jointly by Sussex Police and Derbyshire Constabulary.
The pair, who are both season ticket holders at Derby County, cannot attend any matches in this country or abroad.
This is the first banning order for a Derby County fan in connection with homophobic abuse.
PC Allan Guy, of Derbyshire police, said: “Homophobic abuse won’t be tolerated by Derbyshire Constabulary.
"This type of behaviour is unacceptable and using it in a football stadium is no different.
“Hopefully this will serve as a reminder to supporters that action will be taken against anyone causing offence by using this type of language.”

Follow us: @DerbyshireNews on Twitter | thisisderbyshirenews on Facebook

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.thisisderbyshire.co.uk/Rams-fans-banned-matches-homophobic-chants/story-19750932-detail/story.html#axzz2dm1DvPsy

TWO Derby County fans have been banned from attending matches for three years after admitting shouting homophobic chants at Brighton supporters during an away game last month.

Shane Davies, 25, and Daniel Davies, 20, both of Bridge Road, Brough, North Humberside were arrested on Saturday, August 10 following the match at the Amex Stadium in Brighton.
​Two Rams fans banned from matches for homophobic chants
They appeared before magistrates in Brighton and both pleaded guilty to a public order offence.
Shane Davies was fined £160 and Daniel Davies received a fine of £87, both were ordered to pay £50 costs and £20 victim surcharge.

On Monday, September 2 the pair again appeared at Brighton Magistrates’ Court where they were given three-year football banning orders.
The order was applied for jointly by Sussex Police and Derbyshire Constabulary.
The pair, who are both season ticket holders at Derby County, cannot attend any matches in this country or abroad.
This is the first banning order for a Derby County fan in connection with homophobic abuse.
PC Allan Guy, of Derbyshire police, said: “Homophobic abuse won’t be tolerated by Derbyshire Constabulary.
"This type of behaviour is unacceptable and using it in a football stadium is no different.
“Hopefully this will serve as a reminder to supporters that action will be taken against anyone causing offence by using this type of language.”

Read more:
Follow us: @DerbyshireNews on Twitter | thisisderbyshirenews on Facebook

They were stitched up, the police down there are bent.

I'll take a yellow card for that one.

3 year ban for probably singing 'you only sing when you're bumming' or something of that ilk.

I find it ridiculous it was even noticed at all. 

Based on the thread on the Brighton forum, they think it was something probably over the top and much worse than, 'we can see you holding hands'. 

I generally follow the rule: "If you haven't got anything nice to say Don't say anything at all"

But that really goes Out the window at football matches, as with Quite A few people.

But I can see the police side of the story, what's a person being gay got to do with football? Sure when we sing "we all fu***** hate Leeds* its in the heat of the moment and on Topic. What they did was just stupidity.

Not sure what the correct fine should be, but their should definitely be one.

This story could only have been made worse if the commenting policeman was Allan Gay.

I await my 3 year ban from dcfcfans for the use of such an offensive word.

Another great money making scheme from police forces across the country, I think I actually preferred speed cameras.

Regardless of the length of the ban you know you run the risk of this so why bother, they were all over the news a few months ago calling on the FA to take more action. Just stick to the generic Brighton's a shithole I wanna go home.

No sympathy for the guys tbh, and lets also be honest unless you've got no nose and one eye how many clubs will recognise you going into the grounds for the next 3 years?

Archived