NFL thread

Perky1106

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kevin Cadle was the first face and voice of Basketball and American football coverage for many of us that are a certain age. 

It's easy to forget how little coverage of American sport we got back in the 80s / early 90s. 

Along came channel 4 and changed all that. 

God bless, Kevin. 

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Rams - Cards this weekend.. Anyone going?

Yeah, me and the missus will be in town for it. She's absolutely mad on the Cardinals and Fitz in particular so it's her day in a way. We're going the week after for Browns/Vikings for my birthday too which should be the better of the two weekends, I'll by driving this sunday where as we've got Sat-Mon in London Town next week. Looking forward to both though.

They look far from sold out, email after email trying to flog tickets. 

1 hour ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Yeah, me and the missus will be in town for it. She's absolutely mad on the Cardinals and Fitz in particular so it's her day in a way. We're going the week after for Browns/Vikings for my birthday too which should be the better of the two weekends, I'll by driving this sunday where as we've got Sat-Mon in London Town next week. Looking forward to both though.

Yeah, they have got the pricing wrong, too expensive. The cockney Rams are looking forward to the Goff, Gurley show.

21 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Rams - Cards this weekend.. Anyone going?

18 hours ago, Mr Tibbs said:

Yeah i'm going too. never been to a game before or really know much about the teams (I know the rules just about..).

We got our tickets for £50ea last week. Looks like theyre off sale on Ticketmaster now so guess they sold out in the end.

1 hour ago, alexxxxx said:

Yeah i'm going too. never been to a game before or really know much about the teams (I know the rules just about..).

We got our tickets for £50ea last week. Looks like theyre off sale on Ticketmaster now so guess they sold out in the end.

Bleeding hell, I paid over 100 each for ours. Lesson learned.

3 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Bleeding hell, I paid over 100 each for ours. Lesson learned.

they could be terrible seats for all i know, though!

probably get down to south-west london earlyish for a brunch and some beers. walk from richmond takes a while.

4 minutes ago, alexxxxx said:

they could be terrible seats for all i know, though!

probably get down to south-west london earlyish for a brunch and some beers. walk from richmond takes a while.

Not too many bad tickets at Twickenham.. Nice walk along the river from Richmond if you want the scenic route. 

Enjoy Richmond and Twickenham, I grew up there.. Take enough cash, it won’t be cheap inside Twickenham.

KO is 18:00 remember, so fill up in Richmond would be my advice.. The Cabbage Patch etc in Twickenham will be heaving.

Have a great day.

2 hours ago, Angry Ram said:

Not too many bad tickets at Twickenham.. Nice walk along the river from Richmond if you want the scenic route. 

Enjoy Richmond and Twickenham, I grew up there.. Take enough cash, it won’t be cheap inside Twickenham.

KO is 18:00 remember, so fill up in Richmond would be my advice.. The Cabbage Patch etc in Twickenham will be heaving.

Have a great day.

I live in south London now so quite easy. Probably go to Battersea for a few then go over. Looking forward to it.

13 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

Wow season just about saved last night 

What a crazy game. Amati looked like himself with Carr back under center, the Chiefs crazy playmakers are legit and the Raiders suddenly look like a playoff team again. Great Thursday night game!

1 hour ago, r4derby said:

What a crazy game. Amati looked like himself with Carr back under center, the Chiefs crazy playmakers are legit and the Raiders suddenly look like a playoff team again. Great Thursday night game!

I know, great to see Cooper show up for once, that finish was crazy, thought Tavecchio missed the PAT then, Marshawn Lynch dunno what he was thinking. Nice to able to enjoy the weekend games knowing your team has won, got a tough run of games coming up however. AFC West is tough man.

On 20/10/2017 at 17:42, Angry Ram said:

Have a great day.

Ended up getting back row tickets normally given to those in the boxes with noone in front of us. Fantastic seats, great day out - just unfortunately not the most competitive games in the end!

Our tickets were bang on as well, complimentary so didn't know where we were going to be. 

What a shame about the Cards performance though, they were dreadful from minute one of the first quarter. Massive disappointment for my other half who was buzzing to see them, I enjoyed the Goff and Gurley show though. 

Richmond was a pleasant surprise, some really good pubs about the place. We are gutted we're not staying there next week too.

Thank god I didn't pay £100 to go see the Cardinals.

Unfortunately our season and era has ended with the majority of the regular season to go. I sneakily fancied us to give the play-off's a stab with Palmer, AP and Larry but Palmer being out for 8 weeks just kills it off. Who'd have thought our terrible offensive line would have got our veteran QB killed?

I'm morbidly excited about the Drew Stanton v Blaine Gabbert QB battle though, could be fun.

Archived