NFL thread

Perky1106

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/29/2017 at 12:21, Mr Tibbs said:

Question for the hardened NFL fans on here, do they change jerseys every year like we change kits? 

Can't see owt on the old google. 

I could hardly call myself hardened (ooer) - but there aren't really 'designs' to kits as you see in football. Tends to stick to mostly the franchise colours as a home kit, with an inverse, or mostly white in case of clash.

The biggest differences you see are the designs on some franchises' player names/numbers

On 29/04/2017 at 12:21, Mr Tibbs said:

Question for the hardened NFL fans on here, do they change jerseys every year like we change kits? 

Can't see owt on the old google. 

6 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

I could hardly call myself hardened (ooer) - but there aren't really 'designs' to kits as you see in football. Tends to stick to mostly the franchise colours as a home kit, with an inverse, or mostly white in case of clash.

The biggest differences you see are the designs on some franchises' player names/numbers

The jerseys changed a couple of years ago when Nike took over manufacturing from Reebok. Although the designs didn't change much at all, as Animal says, it tends to be team colours with a trim on shoulder at most.

Teams will have up to 2 alternative coloured jerseys for matchups away from home. Agai, design won't vary, it will be colours that change.

They've introduced Color Rush kits for some teams now, that they wear for one off games a season. Not completely sure why, but there is definitely a reason why.

I do like this about American football jerseys, I've got a Giants home blue one from 10 years ago, and an away white one from 4 seasons ago, and I can wear either and it will be similar to what they will wear this season. Whether Nike will start to intro new jersey designs as standard for money reasons though...

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/05/2017 at 08:26, r4derby said:

The jerseys changed a couple of years ago when Nike took over manufacturing from Reebok. Although the designs didn't change much at all, as Animal says, it tends to be team colours with a trim on shoulder at most.

Teams will have up to 2 alternative coloured jerseys for matchups away from home. Agai, design won't vary, it will be colours that change.

They've introduced Color Rush kits for some teams now, that they wear for one off games a season. Not completely sure why, but there is definitely a reason why.

I do like this about American football jerseys, I've got a Giants home blue one from 10 years ago, and an away white one from 4 seasons ago, and I can wear either and it will be similar to what they will wear this season. Whether Nike will start to intro new jersey designs as standard for money reasons though...

The colour rush kits are for the Thursday night televised games and it's something to do with HDTV I think?

Edit to above. A rule from black and white to days was that teams had to have a white jersey as well as their franchise colours to allow for fans to easily see the difference on TV

recentky they've started a colour v colour where both teams where there franchise colours and ColorRush is a step further by having teams where special uniforms for certain games which are predominantly one colour (unlike most franchises two colour themes)

• 5 weeks later...
On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:32, Leicester Ram said:

@Srg completely forgot to thank you for getting me on the Move the Sticks pod, was awesome in lead up to the draft. Not sure about their other off-season episodes though.

No problem, it's a great pod. Bit of a dead area now for all of them unfortunately

NFL Top 100 fully in:

Brady no.1 of course but a few frankly outrageous decisions made by the players.

The MVP Matt Ryan finishes 10th! Never happened on the list but I guess that what happens when you blow a 28-3 lead. If he'd run the ball he'd probably be 1 or 2.

Zeke ends up above Lev Bell and David Johnson, who are both better running backs than him (I'm bias but cmon). Also above Carr, Ryan and OBJ. Overhyped.

Von Miller finishes 2nd despite Mack being defensive MVP and Broncos not making the play-off's.

Gronk and J.J. Watt finish high despite not playing full seasons.

Cam goes from 1 to 44.

Highest rank players per position:

Offense-

QB: Brady

HB: Zeke

WR: Julio

TE: Gronk ?‍♂️ (Kelce finished 26 to Gronk's 23)

OT: Tyron Smith

G: Yanda

Defence-

DE: J.J. Watt ?‍♂️ (Michael Bennett 46, Clowney 49 to Watt's 35)

DT: Aaron Donald

LB: Von

CB: Pat Pete

S: Eric Berry 

It's a load of nonsense really.

People get really het up on it but it's voted for by players, and is based on their top 100 players going into the next season - not what has just happened. So you end up with all sorts of weird anomalies.

9 hours ago, CumbrianRam said:

How the hell did Watt get on the list, he hardly played last year.

22 hours ago, Srg said:

It's a load of nonsense really.

People get really het up on it but it's voted for by players, and is based on their top 100 players going into the next season - not what has just happened. So you end up with all sorts of weird anomalies.

• 2 weeks later...

This season's All or Nothing with the Rams is very different to the season with the Cardinals.

It's got that car crash quality to it, just watched the episode where Fisher gets fired and the team meeting where it's announced is absolutely fascinating. A lot of players seem absolutely gutted but then there's a strong sense that Jared Goff wasnt too bothered about it at all. Same goes for Aaron Donald.

Really makes me think about Derby and all the sackings we had. Obviously it's rarer in the NFL but Fisher had 4 (?) seasons to put together a side that won, really had an emotional effect on the players because every single one of them had been brought in by him. They felt they'd let him down.

Wonder what the reactions are from our players. I can imagine with Clough there was a reaction like that but I wonder how much remorse they felt for Clement, Wassall and Pearson. Even McClaren, who made a number of their careers and got them their contracts (Martin, Bryson, Thorne, Russell, arguably Ince).

Good series so far though, would recommend watching after watching the Cardinals series first for contrast.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived