Oldham Athletic v Derby County

-JW-

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no i really think we have started to wake up but i know saturday we did not get the win, but tonight we sounded fairley solided that is because we kepted attacking and that when were at the best instead of sitting back, let hope nigel does the same to brigton on saturday.

Lots on twitter about Jacobs celebration - anyone???

It was brilliant and probably preplanned - a run towards the building site (empty) down one side of the ground with no one except a ball collector in it, hands cupped to his ears followed by an arms outstretched 'look at me, aren't I good' pose, until leapt upon by rams.

And he was very good tonight. IMO the man of the match in a very competent team performance. For the first time in a number of years we looked as if we knew we were going to beat, and how to beat, lower league opposition.

Well done Rams, and fans for some great support too.

Well said B4. I was hoping this thread would tell me how badly Eustace, Sammon and Buxton had played tonight.

Instead I have to trawl through banter about some ancient, mucky t-shirt that should have been chucked in the bin the day after it was bought.

It’s really not good enough.

Wasn't one of our members saying earlier that he met Nacer Parasite at Vienna airport earlier today?

Solid performance. Jacobs did well off Sammon who also played well. Had control almost all the game, barely got out of third gear. Happy with clean sheet and professional performance. Jacobs celebration was quality especially as it looked suspiciously like an oggie to me!

A couple of Oldham fans on Twitter are up in arms about Hughesy. Something about him kicking the ball into the Oldham fans on purpose and laughing about it to himself?

Probably bitter to be fair.

He did, and that's why he was booked, either for kicking the ball away or time wasting or both.

It was towards the end of the game; we were playing out time and had won a corner, I think. Hughesy kicked it 20 rows back into the Oldham fans to waste a bit of time I guess. It wasn't done very hard or maliciously so I doubt it hurt anyone but I guess he probably had a chuckle to himself.

He's growing up is the lad.

Archived