Derby County v West Bromwich Albion

CumbrianRam

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that a diagonal ball between our defenders pretty much always causes a panic, it was evident even against Bohemians

totally agree with this!

Also Sammon did more in 10 minutes than Martin did in 90.

Funny how opinions differ, I thought he was our best player. Our only player who showed abit if quality throughout the game. The focal point for every decent move. First touch and lay offs were excellent, classy at times.

That's what I want, not a player who fumbles over his own feet.

Will do a proper summary when I'm back later.

I thought we should have played a championship opponent today, there quality made it hard for us to get the chances we need in pre season. They fielded a strong side and packed out the midfield every time we obtained the ball.

I didn't see anything to get me excited for next week, quite underwhelmed.

Could have played until next week and still not muster up a good opportunity

No creativity

Only ever look like scoring scrappy from corners

Too negative again

Stop commenting on things you know sod all about. Ceefax my arse. Other than a 30yrd stunner we were as much in trouble as they were and we did create chances.

A lot of pluses from this game. Freeman was tidy, Russell will rip up less quality defenders, martin held the ball well and showed some good touches. Hughes looked a bit off today. Bucko was getting beat in the air, but it was shane long and he's awesome in the air, always has been.

West brom are a top 10 prem side & it showed, but get a grip man, you honestly think both teams were going at it hammer and tongues with the season just around the corner?.

A decent display by Derby, means nothing as did the other results. Next Sun is the real deal and i'm sure you will have loads more dribble to bore us with.

Wow people watch different games don't they. Freeman was poor, he refuses to attack. Martin had a great game big, strong and great touch.we had no options going down the right, first half.looked better in the few minutes Bavies came on . Russell looked good as did Ward (though his free kicks are poor).and Hendrick was dire today, lost count of how many times he gave the ball away(he was played out wide first half and got nothing from Freeman.

IMO Martin looks much better than last season. I wasn't enthused by his signing but seeing him today was really impressed.

Russell I think will be a very good signing. Too many flicks possibly.

Freeman did ok but we need that new RB to be solid. Freeman looks scared to run with the ball and take people on.

Grant impressed me hugely.

I think bucko did ok. But do need to new CB.

Finally NEVER EVER play hendrick on the wing. He was absent from the game which is a shame. If we don't start Jacobs ( should have scored) then it'll have to be coutts. Personally I'd drop Bryson and play jeff and will!

Pitch looked great , Russell takes a decent corner , think we had about 55% possession ,

their first goal .. even i clapped , stunner.

All in all , bags of effort , with little threat in front of goal..

Funny how opinions differ, I thought he was our best player. Our only player who showed abit if quality throughout the game. The focal point for every decent move. First touch and lay offs were excellent, classy at times.

I thought that Martin did well, and my comment wasn't a criticism of him at all - but Sammon was a real handful.

Of course, that might just be down to the fact that he was fresh, and probably indicates the advantage of bringing him off the bench .

I thought we did pretty well today. All this rubbish Bris is saying we were negative and I bet he didn't go. We played good football at times. Martin's spin and pass to Russell in the second half was excellent. We tried to get the ball moving but WBA were really disciplined. 

WBA are a really organised team and I think will do really well again next season. Number 21 for them in centre midfield was awesome (Mulumbu is it?). Never gave Hughes or Bryson a minute.

Freeman did well against Chris Brunt. Not at the same level as Brayford but he may well do with more matches. He wasn't woeful at all.

Buxton didn't play well and Wardy looked half arsed yet again. Hughes wasn't great either, but that's down to the quality of the WBA midfield more than anything.

Some very positive attacking moves and if they were against a NPC team, we'd finish them off. Really looking forward to Sunday :D

COYR's!

At least we watched the same game - agreed

Wow people watch different games don't they. Freeman was poor, he refuses to attack. Martin had a great game big, strong and great touch.we had no options going down the right, first half.looked better in the few minutes Bavies came on . Russell looked good as did Ward (though his free kicks are poor).and Hendrick was dire today, lost count of how many times he gave the ball away(he was played out wide first half and got nothing from Freeman.

At least we watched the same game - agreed

After having Martin on loan last season I wasn't too excited when we signed him, but credit to him because he's upped his game and looks like he's beginning to find some form. I think he must have needed this transfer because he's gotten a new lease of life!

Why is it a 'only post if you went policy'?

No, I believe it's an "only post if you have something worthwhile to say" policy.

Archived